Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game.PLAYER RATINGS.....

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Good well earned point.Battling performance.

Kuipers - 8. Save of the season possibly in the second half.Not much to do until last 20 mins.

Virgo - 8. Lets hope mickey leaves him there!!!
ElphicK - 9.MOM by a mile....looks increasingly more like he will leave us soon for a higher level.
Hawkins -7. Thats more like it.Didnt put a foot wrong.
Richards - 7.5. Better than a seven,but not quite an 8 i dont think.Best left back ive seen for ages.

El Abd - 6.Loads of running,some good tackles.Passing a bit iffy sometimes.good game.
Thompson - 6. Did his job well,would liked to have seen him get forward a bit more.
Savage - 7.5. Not sure too many people get what his game is about but ran his socks off tonight.

Anywhateverhisnameis -6.Some good play but looked a bit lightweight in the first half.
Murry - 7.Caught off-side quite a few times,but held ball up well.Didnt get many chances tonight.
McLoed -7. Took him a while to get into the game but when he did and had the ball looked CLASS.Fat and unfit though at the moment.

Subs;

Erm...not sure who they were but didnt realy get long enough to do too much.

Sorry i havent written more...ive rushed to be the first one to post from the game:lol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
His name is JOE ANYINSAH... and perhaps it would be nice if people could do him the common courtesy of learning how to pronounce and spell it.

Zeke Rowe's shoes

Oct 21, 2008
Bath
Murray, Mcleod, savage hawkins, richards all with very similar ratings... anyway it doesn't matter - these ratings are always are biased towards the albion.

i'm fairly happy with a 0-0. Peterborough are a fairly decent team but are beatable. very glad we didn't concede late on! a clean sheet is positive and it great to see elphick performing...

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
ElphicK - 9.MOM by a mile....looks increasingly more like he will leave us soon for a higher level.

Always nice to hear what it was like from the stands, but...what leads you to say the above ?
Was there a nice man wearing a 'We love the Championship' Flight Jacket, making notes on a clipboard ?

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
didnt rate virgo tonight im sorry to say it took him at least the first half to realise how to mark wingers, he was slow, and every time he smashed the ball down his side losing possesion. second half i would have said he was an 8 though he was more solid and played more like a right back. i think micky needs to realise that virgo doesnt have to play every game its frustrating.

good point tonight they are and will be a strong team to beat at home this year.

and good ratings otherwise. tommy was different class at the back tonight.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Kuipers - 8 - A couple of decent saves and kept a clean sheet.
Virgo - 7 - Looked a lot better at right back, strong and dependable, some shite passes tho.
ElphicK - 9 - Totally solid.
Hawkins -8 - Pretty solid looked like a good defensive partnership.
Richards - 7 - Good at left back but wondered out of position a little at times.
El Abd - 6 - Did little wrong, ran around like a headless chicken all night, did little.
Thompson - 7 - At the heart of some really good attacking moves in the second half.
Savage - 6 - Ran a lot, got booked, got in the way of them a few times and put himself about well, lost the ball a few times and passed like a retard on a few occasions but overall good.
Anyinsah - 6 - Ineffectual and lightweight but lively.
McLoed - 7 - Wasn't in the game in the first half but in the second was world class til taken off.
Murray - 7 - Held the ball up well but needed someone up front with him.

Subs
Thornton - 6 - Came on with 5 mins left dind't have time to do anything.
Livermore - 5 - Came on for Mcleod with twenty minutes left and it was as if we suddenly forgot how to attack.

Feels as if a point was a fair result after 9 minutes of stopage time!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
concerning how we completely failed to deal with any ball crossed into the box in the first half - with virtually all of them coming from down our right hand side. if peterborough had of been able to get on the end of one of those crosses, as they should have done, then it would be another doom and gloom result

kuipers - 7. excellent save at the end. concerned that he didn't come for one cross though
virgo - 5. there left winger found it way to easy to get the ball into the box
elphick - 7. solid, won a number of headers
hawkins - 6. got better as the game went on
richards - 5. generally ok
thomson - 6. linked up well going forward
el abd - 5. seemed a bit of a waste playing him when savage was also holding
savage - 6. got through a lot of work, kept the ball well
anyinsah - 5. didnt do a lot for me
mc leod - 6. couple of good balls into the box, annonymous in the first half
murray - 6. wasted up top on his own as there was hardly anybody supporting him. few nice touches, but when you play with a lone striker then they need to be able to get through a lot of work

thornton - pointless throwing on an attacking threat with minutes left and you are looking to defend the point
livermore - 4. came on, did nothing

a point at peterborough would be an excellent point if it was backed up with good home form. as it is, it is just adding to the count of games since we last one. good battling performance, typical of mcghee in that we just held on and held on without ever really threatening, which was never going to be likely with murray leading the line alone with little of no support

Last edited:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I felt we were extremely lucky to come away with a point, don't get me wrong it was a good point but Peterborough were by far the better side, seemed to me we went there with the intention of a 0-0 and fair enough we got it. Elphick was outstanding, Michel played well as did Murray, Savage ran around a lot, but did he make a single tackle?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to Paul Camillin and SCR and this is what he actually said.
Elphick 9 possibly 10
Hawkins nearly as good so 9
Murray & McLeod excellent so probably 8
The rest good so probably 7.

Ref and linos one of the worst 3 ever seen but sub ref was fairly good.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Good well earned point.Battling performance.

Kuipers - 8. Save of the season possibly in the second half.Not much to do until last 20 mins.

Virgo - 8. Lets hope mickey leaves him there!!!
Hawkins -7. Thats more like it.Didnt put a foot wrong.
Richards - 7.5. Better than a seven,but not quite an 8 i dont think.Best left back ive seen for ages.

El Abd - 6.Loads of running,some good tackles.Passing a bit iffy sometimes.good game.
Thompson - 6. Did his job well,would liked to have seen him get forward a bit more.
Savage - 7.5. Not sure too many people get what his game is about but ran his socks off tonight.

Anywhateverhisnameis -6.Some good play but looked a bit lightweight in the first half.
Murry - 7.Caught off-side quite a few times,but held ball up well.Didnt get many chances tonight.
McLoed -7. Took him a while to get into the game but when he did and had the ball looked CLASS.Fat and unfit though at the moment.

Subs;

Erm...not sure who they were but didnt realy get long enough to do too much.

Sorry i havent written more...ive rushed to be the first one to post from the game:lol:

you just got back from the game in Just over an hour ? assume you don't live in Brighton ?

Also agree with other poster, if Joe can be bothered to travel from Preston to play for us, at least we can do is give him common courtesy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here