Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Millwall....

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Such a shame it couldn't have been like that under Micky, really. Nice bloke, he meant well, but it just didn't happen.

Today shows what can be done by being solid defensively, by looking to counter-attack away from home, and by nicking the odd goal. 10 players out there today were playing in their correct position. Granted, the one player out of position score the goal (ironic!!) but today was very much a TEAM performance with no cock-ups, which made a pleasant change!

I'm not saying White should get the managers job, god forbid no, but the second half performance really was something to be encouraged by. Both full backs got forward, and the widemen for once dangerous.

Just a shame that for some reason it just didn't happen under Micky.
Another performance like the 2nd half on Tuesday night though, and 3 points will come our way.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Do you mean by playing players in their CORRECT positions (virgo excepted due to injuries and that is acceptable) that we actually did ok!

Micky would NEVER have done that. El abd centre mid, sullivan right back etc etc

great support and the best we have played in the league this year. everyone played well today and the fans where absolutely fantastic. special mention today for me has to go to the abused, by me included adam el-abd. absolutely superb performance from him today. every time the ball came near him he won it 100% and marked a premier league striker out of the game. jarret was good in the center and mcnulty was also quality. well done lads:ascarf:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
great support and the best we have played in the league this year. everyone played well today and the fans where absolutely fantastic. special mention today for me has to go to the abused, by me included adam el-abd. absolutely superb performance from him today. every time the ball came near him he won it 100% and marked a premier league striker out of the game. jarret was good in the center and mcnulty was also quality. well done lads:ascarf:

El-abd in central defence - no surprise to see him and Elphick do well, when they did together for much of last season.

McNulty hasn't really had much to do defensively yet, but looks decent going forward which is encouraging.

Although when you say it's the best we've played in 2009, it's stating the obvious a bit!!

El-abd in central defence - no surprise to see him and Elphick do well, when they did together for much of last season.

McNulty hasn't really had much to do defensively yet, but looks decent going forward which is encouraging.

Although when you say it's the best we've played in 2009, it's stating the obvious a bit!!

well actually i meant this season anyway. i thought mcnulty had a reasonable amount of defensive work today and what he did do was solid and tidy. the best bit of his game today was the attacking side and i really think he is a championship standard player, but time will tell. i also think the team selection told a story today. It showed, rightly so that white/booker didnt have a say in team selection but as soon as he leaves they play players in their right positions.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Just ask Mike C Gull what I said the score would be before the game. ;)

Managerless teams always win. :D

A shame your ginger c.unt of a mate said "Why is that 'flid' here" whilst walking past me.Bless.He might not have been talking about me, but I expect he was. Embarresment.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just ask Mike C Gull what I said the score would be before the game. ;)

Managerless teams always win. :D

A shame your ginger c.unt of a mate said "Why is that 'flid' here" whilst walking past me.Bless.He might not have been talking about me, but I expect he was. Embarresment.

I have no ginger mates, but I think I know what you mean. He wasn't talking about you.

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008
I think Adams would have turned it around you know, he never really had a chance to have a fully hit starting 11.

If you take out the cock up after 59 seconds at Luton, we were the better side up until the sending off. If a few little things had gone his way I believe he'd still be here.

Important win today though especially with all the other teams around us picking up points. Tuesday's game is now MASSIVE!

Like someone else has stated though in another thread. White shouldn't be given the job if we win a couple games now.

All the best Micky!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
One goal conceded in 240 minutes of football, not bad going.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A shame your ginger **** of a mate said "Why is that 'flid' here" whilst walking past me.Bless.He might not have been talking about me, but I expect he was.
Dont take it personally Dazo , the remark was aimed at Russ. :rolleyes:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Aha, at first I was thinking what a tosser saying it when walking PAST me, when he's nearly double my age. His mates are top notch, TCB and Zesh*.

*We talk dirty VIA text in the early hours of the morning. :blush::laugh:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Our away support was superb, and performances topped it off. I thought Jason Jarrett was the orchestrater (spl?) in our midfield, he won every lose ball and found a decent pass and won alot of tackles. When we got the ball on the counter attack, we really looked threatening, and should of scored in the first half when Burchill put the ball over from 5 yards out, I thought our luck wasn't in again. We defended absolutely brillantly, no player put a foot wrong. McNulty is showing his true quality, could turn out to be a superb bargain. Everything Millwall threw at us, we responded and defended superbly with, and putting bodies in and around the ball it was marvellous to see.

Bring on Cobblers on Tuesday. :clap2: :clap2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I thought we were all over the place in the first half. It was only in the second when we started to get into it.

Agreed. Backs to the wall a bit in 1st half, although towards the very end of that half I felt we started to edge back into it.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I thought we were all over the place in the first half. It was only in the second when we started to get into it.

Quite. We were much better in 2nd half, but pretty ropey in first. Will take the victories any way they come, though :)

The fans were, again, the difference. When will the Withdean moaners realise that by getting behind the team, no matter how they're playing, it makes a difference?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here