Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just an observation...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just wait for the morning to finish, then we can clear out the grizzling mugs, and get into proper healthy debates, rather than over-the-top drama queening.

There's only so many times they'll get bored of repeating their hysterical whining.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's always been the way; there's nowt so bi-polar as football fans. Obviously everybody is pleased after a win and disappointed after a defeat (or draw against a team we 'should' beat), but the mood swings of football fans, especially modern fans, have never been mild.

If you think today's bad wait until Sunday. If we don't beat Derby that will be THREE games without a win, there will be the first mutterings of "How long has Poyet got?" and "How long before the fans turn on Poyet?" (Both genuine thread titles from previous 'slumps'). A fourth winless match and it'll be "Bloom must act NOW to save our season!"

EDIT: Just wanted to add that, having said that, I don't think today has been too bad at all by usual standards. People are allowed to be disappointed after all.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Just wait for the morning to finish, then we can clear out the grizzling mugs, and get into proper healthy debates, rather than over-the-top drama queening.

There's only so many times they'll get bored of repeating their hysterical whining.

Patronising but probably true. At the end of the day, however, we all want to see a winning team playing good football.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's always been the way; there's nowt so bi-polar as football fans. Obviously everybody is pleased after a win and disappointed after a defeat (or draw against a team we 'should' beat), but the mood swings of football fans, especially modern fans, have never been mild.

If you think today's bad wait until Sunday. If we don't beat Derby that will be THREE games without a win, there will be the first mutterings of "How long has Poyet got?" and "How long before the fans turn on Poyet?" (Both genuine thread titles from previous 'slumps'). A fourth winless match and it'll be "Bloom must act NOW to save our season!"

All indicative of the 'now, now, now' generation.

Instant gratification, and all that.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It’s fair to say that we have some right knobheads amongst our fan base. Slating players who have played a handful of games, slating our most successful manager in a generation, moaning about fellow supports leaving early and countless other moans and groans on the back of a loss and a draw, it really astounds me but at the same time I’ve come to expect it. Some of our ‘fans’ are pathetic and would do well to remember where we’ve come from in a very short time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Patronising but probably true. At the end of the day, however, we all want to see a winning team playing good football.

Yeah it's patronising; deliberately (though probably unnecessarily) so.

Happy to have a debate on last night's game, but it's difficult to counter over-the-top sentiments like 'we were SHIT, Dobbie was shit, Gus needs to do this, he needs to go...', etc when the reality is slightly different. I'm just wondering if people realise that the management at the club do know exactly what's going on, and are constantly working hard to put what's wrong right, and make what's right better. Looking at some of these posts, it doesn't seem it.

By all means have a frustrated off-load, I had one or two last night - but I do try to keep it real.

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012

So you're happy and grinning like a cheshire cat this morning with the last two performances then??

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
People just like to moan and losing one and then drawing another after a 5 game winning streak and being on a + 9 goal difference 3rd in the league and above palace appears to be the perfect excuse.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Trouble is, the more pathetic threads like the ones highlighted in the OP that are started, the more the sane and sensible people get driven away because they can't be bothered to read through pages of people talking utter shite.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
In my defence, for "Kaz has lost his pace", it was only a statement of what I saw last night. Wouldn't really call it "over the top drama-queening"... Overall, I'm still very positive on our outlook for the season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Observations from last night by me are that Lua Lua was up against probably the fastest full back in FL. I don't like to see Lua Lua start but prefer him to come on with 30 mins to go very fresh to run at tired defenders. Orlandi delivers a very good ball from set pieces and is an exciting player to watch. We could do with an old experienced goal scorer to bring on for the last 20 mins if a goal is needed a Kevin Philips type player. Dobbie will make a number of goals for CMS who will be able to read his through balls and capitalize on them which was something that Barnes couldn't do. Every team has a 'blip'' and I believe that October will prove to be ours and we will overcome it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Anything knee jerk written last night is understandable . Most of us had a few beers and probably just letting off some frustration.

Problem is these threads then hang about the next day

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Last season we lost to Coventry (then bottom) and the next game walloped Saints (then top). For me that sums up the Championship, and why you can't judge it one game at a time.

We have also bought a lot of new players in, and some people seem convinced they should gel with the existing squad straight away. I'm not saying everything is rosy, but every team has a bad patch, but we didn't even lose last night!

Once again perspective is required methinks; cliché I know, but it's a marathon, not a sprint.

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
Nope.

Are grizzling like a drama queen and grinning like a Cheshire cat the only two reactions available to you?

LOL! no, just stating some valid points tho' didnt think I was over-reacting in my original post? Some replies certainly were tho!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

You must mean when the majority of people are hard at work and can't get on here much during the working day, because they are busy earning a living and paying for their football. Which they are not aloud to moan about, if they want to. I expect the standard of debate does go up a notch during the day time. Them people have clearly got loads of time on their hands to think out their points.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

And your point is ???

Quoting a load of thread titles after what has to be said (and no I was not there but listened to it via 5 live and reading all the valuable and informative reports from members who were there!!) was probably not a great performance, is pretty pointless in my opinion.

So did you attend the game last night? if so can we hear your opinion of the performance please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here