Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just a thought

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last Tuesday night the official kick off time had passed, Brighton players were all lined up ready to start, the ref and his assistants were ready all the Derby players were in their own half and they decided to get together in a huddle. If the ref was so minded what is to stop him starting the game. Probably wouldn't happen but is there any rule on this.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
Last Tuesday night the official kick off time had passed, Brighton players were all lined up ready to start, the ref and his assistants were ready all the Derby players were in their own half and they decided to get together in a huddle. If the ref was so minded what is to stop him starting the game. Probably wouldn't happen but is there any rule on this.

You promise us its only the one thought BG.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think thinking is so important

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It always annoys me to see teams doing it as I think it achieves nothing, If they haven't sorted out their team spirit and tactics before going out onto the pitch to my mnd it is then too late but why should the game be held up so that they can do it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It always annoys me to see teams doing it as I think it achieves nothing, If they haven't sorted out their team spirit and tactics before going out onto the pitch to my mnd it is then too late but why should the game be held up so that they can do it.

I know you think I was a crap manager but the team I had always did this to wind up the opposition and it was the captains turn to get the players motivated - I like the idea

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I said the same. If i was a ref i would blow the whistle and let them boot it into the net while the others were huddling just for teh lulz

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know you think I was a crap manager but the team I had always did this to wind up the opposition and it was the captains turn to get the players motivated - I like the idea

Sorry didn't know you was a manager so have no thoughts on that either way. But that can be the only possible positive to wind up the opposition.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry didn't know you was a manager so have no thoughts on that either way. But that can be the only possible positive to wind up the opposition.

It is also a way of bonding, believe you me the boys used to really get motivated by doing this

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have never used it and never agreed with it but my point is if the ref is so minded is there anything in the rules that stops him from blowing his whistle to start the game whilst they are doing it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have never used it and never agreed with it but my point is if the ref is so minded is there anything in the rules that stops him from blowing his whistle to start the game whilst they are doing it.

Not sure whether it is an actual rule but the referee would normally check the keeper is ready to start and would not be able to do this if he was in a huddle

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm with BG on this.

If the formalities are done and it's KO time then blow the whistle!

I'm sure you think that your family bonds are really tight but next time you and the missus, your sons and grandchildren are in the Harvester in Lancing, just before you all tuck in to your meals, step away from the table and have a group huddle. Believe me, it will take the whole Harvester experience to another level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm sure you think that your family bonds are really tight but next time you and the missus, your sons and grandchildren are in the Harvester in Lancing, just before you all tuck in to your meals, step away from the table and have a group huddle. Believe me, it will take the whole Harvester experience to another level.

I didnt know there was a Harvester in Lancing.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I used to do this when I played for Whitehawk U12's.......to be honest though it was just a ploy to get an extra 30 seconds to finish our cigarettes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here