Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just a passing thought...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nights like last night make it all worthwhile supporting the Albion.

But there’s more than that.

It’s nights like that that explain WHY I love supporting the Albion.

We all went into last night’s game not expecting any kind of result, or if we did, it was only ever going to be a humiliating one. But that’s what’s different about Brighton - the unexpected. Ironically, I think the Walsall game made last night that much better.

When we’re on the floor, and you can’t see where the next result is coming from, and you’re convinced you’ve made the wrong choice in turning up, they go and pull one out of the hat like last night.

Similarly, when we’re on form and cooking with gas, they’ll go and kick you in the teeth by playing a stinker, losing to rubbish, effectively wrecking your weekend.

But then, I never signed up for glory, I never signed up for bragging rights (just as well), I signed up because I believe in the concept of local pride, and because they were there, and I have never, EVER regretted it.

I KNOW they’re going to let me down, and I KNOW they’re going to pick me up. Just knowing they’re there, taking my mind off whatever bores the arse off me from 9-5 (and it was bloody close to being taken away from me, from us, 11 years ago) is, for me, a comfort.

I couldn’t handle supporting a club where you’re expected to win week-in, week-out. Where’s the fun when you do win? It’s the unexpected that keeps me going - it’s the way it’s always been, and always will be.

And I wouldn’t change it for the world. Never. I just enjoy supporting this club, and that suits me just fine.

I’ll stop grinning like an idiot soon. Not yet, but soon.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

We all went into last night’s game not expecting any kind of result, or if we did, it was only ever going to be a humiliating one. But that’s what’s different about Brighton - the unexpected. Ironically, I think the Walsall game made last night that much better.

When we’re on the floor, and you can’t see where the next result is coming from, and you’re convinced you’ve made the wrong choice in turning up, they go and pull one out of the hat like last night.

Similarly, when we’re on form and cooking with gas, they’ll go and kick you in the teeth by playing a stinker, losing to rubbish, effectively wrecking your weekend.

But then, I never signed up for glory, I never signed up for bragging rights (just as well), I signed up because I believe in the concept of local pride, and because they were there, and I have never, EVER regretted it.

I KNOW they’re going to let me down, and I KNOW they’re going to pick me up. Just knowing they’re there, taking my mind off whatever bores the arse off me from 9-5 (and it was bloody close to being taken away from me, from us, 11 years ago) is, for me, a comfort.

I couldn’t handle supporting a club where you’re expected to win week-in, week-out. Where’s the fun when you do win? It’s the unexpected that keeps me going - it’s the way it’s always been, and always will be.

And I wouldn’t change it for the world. Never. I just enjoy supporting this club, and that suits me just fine.

Couldn't have put it better. Supporting the Albion has always been like that - a lot that is poor to average interspersed with just a few special times and nights like yesterday.

United and Liverpool have had more 'highs' in a handful of seasons in their history than we have had in our club's lifetime, but did those 'highs' mean quite as much to their supporters? I doubt it.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
there have been some unexpected highs when you thought there was no way out of the rut

I remember us not wining for about 2months, and travelling to Chester thinking why the hell are we doing this, we then won 7-1.

Swindon game in the play offs we were dead and buried with seconds to go

I love it, the battle against the odds, the many obstacles in the way of happiness, Ive always said it would be boring if we had the best stadium ,always winning, with the best players money can buy, and I stick by it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Alan. Your actually quite an eloguent young man really aren't you. :thumbsup:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
That is a great post Al.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
TLO, I think you should PM that to one or two posters who have been very active on the critcism front but are conspicuous by their absence today. You know who I mean!

Particularly the one who tried very hard to complain about the ticket prices for yesterday...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
TLO, I think you should PM that to one or two posters who have been very active on the critcism front but are conspicuous by their absence today. You know who I mean!

Particularly the one who tried very hard to complain about the ticket prices for yesterday...

No point. I'm not going to tell anyone HOW to support the Albion - that's none of my business.

I just thought I'd jot down how I feel today. That's all.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Tell you what TLO, I love this, and I'm going to keep a note of this thread so I can come back to it, and I'm gunna show a few lads my age what it means to support Brighton.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Tell you what TLO, I love this, and I'm going to keep a note of this thread so I can come back to it, and I'm gunna show a few lads my age what it means to support Brighton.

Good for you JC. :thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ross Kemp In Kenya

Thank god we live in a democray - this is seriously violent and not very nice.

Oh dear, sorry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here