Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JPT

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Think the draw is this saturday.I don't think we should take this comp to seriously as our main aim is promotion.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would agree with that. The only way to make a profit from this tournament is to reach the final and it would be pointless to burn ourselves out with an extra five games or however many we were to play in.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
A little run in the FA cup and Coco Cola cup is enough.Hopefully we get a tough draw away.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This is a competition that should be used to try out players who wouldn't normally get into the first team.

Sullivan
Hart El Abd Lynch Mayo
Loft Chamberlain Fraser Livermore
Robinson Louis

wouldnt bet against them giving a League 1 or 2 side a run for its money.....strong at the back and with some first teamers to come off the bench. The only real doubt (as with the first team lacking McLeod and Murray for Saturday) is can they create and score enough goals?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Rather Gargan in there.Little and large partnership.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
so you would all stay at home if we got to wembley then.....riiiiiiiiiiiight:rolleyes:

Hell no. I just don't think we should bust a gut trying to get to the final, when there are bigger fish to fry.

More than happy to go and watch the games, as they are cheap and generally quite entertaining as they have been in the past.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Think part of the competition rules is that you have to fill at least 5 first teamers who have played at least 75% of first team games.I remember Mad Dog subbing 3 players early in the first half.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think they got fined as they didn't have enough regulars in the team anyway. I remember Izale McLeod 'limping' off.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/3b/7a/0,,10794~96827,00.pdf

Rule 7.3 Each Club shall play its full available strength in all matches. The Board will from time to time issue a policy as to what constitutes ‘full available strength’. Any Club failing to meet this requirement will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

Bit of a joke. All/most clubs make a loss and run the risk of picking up injuries, which does not help a small club trying to gain promotion/stay in the league.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Think part of the competition rules is that you have to fill at least 5 first teamers who have played at least 75% of first team games.I remember Mad Dog subbing 3 players early in the first half.

el abd
fraser
lynch
robinson
mayo
hart

could all be considered first team at a stretch

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i really hope we go out of the jp early have other aims for the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports