Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Baxter Not Joining Palace

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
However I will say, if Dougie doesn't have an excellent signing or two up his sleeve, he is a complete idiot.

Luckily I don't think he is, so there must be. :thumbsup:

clutching_at_straws.jpg

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
However I will say, if Dougie doesn't have an excellent signing or two up his sleeve, he is a complete idiot.

Luckily I don't think he is, so there must be. :thumbsup:

You'll end up with 5 loans the day before the first game of the season and some porker with a cap for Angola. HTH.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
As above, it may well be the right decision that Baxter was released - but it's bloody funny seeing the fans implode as a result a trialist not being signed. Shows there isn't much faith in the Palace regime at the moment.

You may not think Zaha is worth as little as £5m, but you've only been offered £4.5m for him so far, and that would go a long way to sorting a side out that isn't going to be battling relegation

It's not down to a lack of faith, it's because Baxter really did seem excellent. People are wondering why we've turned down someone who would almost certainly be an instant first team player at the moment.

Also, you mentioned earlier we could sign 6 players with the cash from a Zaha sale. The trouble is, we really don't need 6 players. We need goals. That's it. Our defence is extremely solid, our midfield is good. We just need forward players. Selling Zaha would be stupid when he is our main attacking threat (a bloody good one at that).

There are bids in for good players. I won't panic until the window shuts and we haven't signed them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think they might be right ..........................................................................which is why I was hoping they would sign him

Despite their wailing and gnashing of teeth at Freedman not signing him, you can GUARANTEE that if he pitched up at the Amex, they'd be painting Baxter as the worst player ever to pull on a pair of boots.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It's not down to a lack of faith, it's because Baxter really did seem excellent. People are wondering why we've turned down someone who would almost certainly be an instant first team player at the moment.

Also, you mentioned earlier we could sign 6 players with the cash from a Zaha sale. The trouble is, we really don't need 6 players. We need goals. That's it. Our defence is extremely solid, our midfield is good. We just need forward players. Selling Zaha would be stupid when he is our main attacking threat (a bloody good one at that).

There are bids in for good players. I won't panic until the window shuts and we haven't signed them.

You definitely need someone to replace Ambrose and his creativity/goals, another winger and a striker or two. As you say, we can only wait till the window has shut before commenting properly. But not signing Baxter seems to have been the tipping point for a lot of fans rather than being the only reason they are now turning on Freedman/CPFC2010. A lot of their comments at the start of the summer about 'going for it' might be part of it

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

It'll be a bit late once the window has shut - by that time you'll be wishing you'd climbed out onto the ledge while it was open and jumped :lol:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Big mistake by Dougie. He has been quality all pre-season. Very very grim times. Seriously worried now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Big mistake by Dougie. He has been quality all pre-season. Very very grim times. Seriously worried now.

Palace fans were saying he was impressive in the pre-season friendlies , can't fathom out why Dougie has said he is unfit and not right for the club when he apparently looked fitter than some of the existing squad players. There again CPFC2010 cannot tell supporters the bad news when there are still season tickets to be sold.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dougie says the fans must be patient and says a couple of loans from Premier League clubs for attack minded players might happen. If any players are willing to go out on loan at Palace these will be 17 or 18 year olds from the academies and not on the fringes of making the 1st team for their parent club.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

But you got Murray. I thought at the start of last season he was going to score 20+ goals in the Championship.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I love this quote from BBS:

'So much for giving it a go this season !
Looking forward for the spin on the
redevelopment of selhurst park come
september .
Hay ho we might still be able to move to
NSC , crowds in the conference shouldn't be a
problem .'

Happy days! :D

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How's my £20 bet that we'll finish above Palace looking this yr?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here