Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Baxter Not Joining Palace

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Even the most fanatical seem to be losing hope.

Will Dougie be sacked before, or as a result of, us TONKING them in December?

For all we know CPFC2010 may have a masterplan :D

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How about you get a picture of ManUtd colours attached to a trophy BHA didn't win off your profile pic?

Man U play in blue?! Shiiiiiiiit...

Maybe think about WHY I've chosen that pic - shows the QUALITY of signings we're making no?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
:bounce:

BBC Sport - Ex-Everton wonderkid Jose Baxter on the search for first-team football

My eye couldn't help but be drawn to this bit...

It appeared his chance might come at Palace, for whom Baxter played five pre-season friendlies, but his spell at Selhurst Park ended without a deal. "There was a contract there and the manager Dougie Freedman told me to go and speak to my family and come back," Baxter said. "I did that, and I wanted to sign, but Freedman said the chairman was not being as helpful as he was. He told me to come down, get in his face and he would try to push it. But it just didn't happen. I did push and push but it didn't go through."

Trouble in paradise? ???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
:bounce:

BBC Sport - Ex-Everton wonderkid Jose Baxter on the search for first-team football

My eye couldn't help but be drawn to this bit...

It appeared his chance might come at Palace, for whom Baxter played five pre-season friendlies, but his spell at Selhurst Park ended without a deal. "There was a contract there and the manager Dougie Freedman told me to go and speak to my family and come back," Baxter said. "I did that, and I wanted to sign, but Freedman said the chairman was not being as helpful as he was. He told me to come down, get in his face and he would try to push it. But it just didn't happen. I did push and push but it didn't go through."

Trouble in paradise? ???

I can't be bothered to read back over this thread. Is he the one who was supposedly out of shape?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Now on trial at Bury/Oldham/Rochdale. Was on SSN earlier but can't remember which

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
At one time Palace were beneath comtempt...but really the comedy value of Sainsbury 3 Tesco's 1 and Seaside is a terrific laugh and boost morale.....kinda got to like them really......Seaside did not answer my last question to him......'Where in the league can you really see Palace finishing in the League? '....over to you Eastbourne Eagle.....sorry Seaside ......

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I can't be bothered to read back over this thread. Is he the one who was supposedly out of shape?

Yeah, I believe our resident firebugs were blithering on that Dougie didn't want him as he was unfit. Seems he actually did want him but Our Dear Leader His Royal Brilliance Sir Steve of Parrish was actually the main obstruction. And all that whilst not asking for much money, but just a club he could play regular football at. Who'd'a thunk it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, I believe our resident firebugs were blithering on that Dougie didn't want him as he was unfit. Seems he actually did want him but Our Dear Leader His Royal Brilliance Sir Steve of Parrish was actually the main obstruction. And all that whilst not asking for much money, but just a club he could play regular football at. Who'd'a thunk it.

That can't be right. I mean, it's not like Parish has shown some sort of disconnect between him and Dougie by coming out and publicly admitting to trying to sign a player that his manager had told him he didn't want... Oh.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No don't give a shit.
And never will, as it's out of my hands not my beef ,none of my f-cking business.
You lot don't know what the future holds either but rest assured its not us going down and you going up.But carry on....

So if you don't know what's going to happen in the future, how exactly can you predict league placings come the end of the season?

At one time Palace were beneath comtempt...but really the comedy value of Sainsbury 3 Tesco's 1 and Seaside is a terrific laugh and boost morale.....kinda got to like them really......Seaside did not answer my last question to him......'Where in the league can you really see Palace finishing in the League? '....over to you Eastbourne Eagle.....sorry Seaside ......

Aren't they the one and the same ?

Can't believe two separate Palace would post the same bullshit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here