Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Baxter Not Joining Palace

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well, quite- can you imagine Bloom coming out and criticising the way Poyet sets up the team.

I imagine he would if our fans were starting to turn, like during our winless runs last season, if Bloom was chatting with them regularly on here or on twitter. Because it's only natural, when facing all that abuse and negativity for something that isn't directly your job, to want to deflect some of it.

But Bloom is smart enough to not get started with the dialogue, which is where Parish went wrong.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
People are complaining about playing with 1 up front / 2 defensive midfielders on Twitter. I'd imagine he's talking about them. Highly doubt he'd criticize our manager on a public forum!
I agree, it would be highly unprofessional and potentially damaging to the club. I'm sure he wouldn't do that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People are complaining about playing with 1 up front / 2 defensive midfielders on Twitter. I'd imagine he's talking about them. Highly doubt he'd criticize our manager on a public forum!

Can you not actually READ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That could be the case. But it seems strange that they decided to bring him on as sub asfter 39 minutes instead of one of their other options like Murray who was also warming the bench...

Baxter came on to replace the £30M rated Williams who went off with an injured left leg after 39 minutes. I note that this was the only substitution Palace made throughout the game which might indicate they didn't want to pay any more appearance bonuses with Murray and Winifred amongst the benchwarmers. :smile:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Baxter came on to replace the £30M rated Williams who went off with an injured left leg after 39 minutes. I note that this was the only substitution Palace made throughout the game which might indicate they didn't want to pay any more appearance bonuses with Murray and Winifred amongst the benchwarmers. :smile:

Once again, you are wrong. Murray and Wilfried both came on. As did Easter and Ramage.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You are mistakenly assuming that the tweet he was replying to is the only one he has received on the subject. It isn't. People are complaining about 2 defensive midfielders/one up front.

He doesn't defend the decision to play one up front and two defensive midfielders. He doesn't support his manager's decision, he doesn't deny it is a factor. By passing on responsibility for the tactical selection he is implying agreement with the criticism.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
He doesn't defend the decision to play one up front and two defensive midfielders. He doesn't support his manager's decision, he doesn't deny it is a factor. By passing on responsibility for the tactical selection he is implying agreement with the criticism.

Of course he doesn't. Nor should he. He's a football chairman and as such has about as good an idea of tactics/formations as the rest of us. It's not his place to agree/disagree with Dougie, as he says he "just writes the cheques"

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I agree, it would be highly unprofessional and potentially damaging to the club. I'm sure he wouldn't do that.

Highly unprofessional, potentially damaging, and plain stupid. Although it must be quite a stressful time for him and the rest of the board when fans are complaining that things aren't moving quickly enough, I don't think he'd be quite as silly as to badmouth Sir Douglas on Twitter.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Of course he doesn't. Nor should he. He's a football chairman and as such has about as good an idea of tactics/formations as the rest of us. It's not his place to agree/disagree with Dougie, as he says he "just writes the cheques"

He should defend the manager he picked for the job, or else he is admitting hiring someone he doesn't have faith in, which is a ridiculous thing to do. He doesn't have to express knowledge of tactics to defend DF. A simple "16 years playing professionally, highest finish since 2009, league cup semi, I think freedman knows what he's doing" would be more supporting then "don't blame me send all your complaints and negativity to dougie". Hardly going to make dougie feel loved, is is?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Once again, you are wrong. Murray and Wilfried both came on. As did Easter and Ramage.

All the reports I've read must have copied the tinpot noddy style of reporting in the Croydon Advertiser then which details the squad playing today , Palace: Speroni, Ward, Moxey, Martin, McCarthy (c), Parr, Wright, Garvan, Williams (Baxter 39), Kossoko, Wilbraham.

Subs Not Used: Price, Ramage, O'Keefe, Murray, Easter, Dikgacoi, Zaha, Fenwick, Parsons. :thumbsup:

Reports from the Reading perspective didn't list any of the Palace subs full stop.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Just had a quick shufty on BBS , Murray and Easter did come on but the most positive remarks about them are "truly awful"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wilfried is not happy either, posted 5 minutes ago...

Official_Zaha.. ‏@yungzaha
So frustrated and annoyed ..
Seaside will be along in a minute to say that tweet has been taken out of context and Winifred was pissed off about snapping a bootlace. :lol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Seaside will be along in a minute to say that tweet has been taken out of context and Winifred was pissed off about snapping a bootlace. :lol:

He doesn't like losing. Good. If he wasn't annoyed after losing a game, even against a Premiership team, I'd be worried.

As for Steve Parish, it was as I suspected:
@CEO4TAG "Just a statement of fact Paul to all the 'we're negative' tweets and posts and for me to do something about it"

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He doesn't like losing. Good. If he wasn't annoyed after losing a game, even against a Premiership team, I'd be worried.

@CEO4TAG "Just a statement of fact Paul to all the 'we're negative' tweets and posts and for me to do something about it"

All well a CPFC then folks, thank god for that! :laugh:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You are hilarious Seaside. Pure class.

A statement of fact, pointing out to your fans that you should direct all of your anger over the negative tactics at DF, rather than himself. No attempt to support the manager, or defend the tactics - just an absolution of any responsibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here