Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Baxter Not Joining Palace

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Sorry have you seen this thread?

Crystal Palace Squad [updated 4th July 2012 - arrival of Aaron Wilbraham] - CPFC BBS

That is a weak squad. Everyone else in the league has improved their squads except Palace. Not long left of the window. Baxter should be a Palace player but Dougie has made a poor choice not to sign him up.

Yes of course I know the squads a bit thin but just be patient You never know what's going on.
We haven't even lost a game yet support the club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes of course I know the squads a bit thin but just be patient You never know what's going on.
We haven't even lost a game yet support the club.

Welling would disagree...

Your username - how about 'clubcard10pointsnector0points' Or even use the exact points that each team got?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just read a tweet from a Palace fan who was at The Madejski this afternoon watching Palace lose 2 nil. :lol:

Matt Franks ‏[MENTION=5094]Frank[/MENTION]sy169
At reading sat next to Baxters dad, apparently Steve parish said we haven't got the money to offer him a contract even tho DF wants to #cpfc

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
That's it done then. £50 on Brighton promoted and Palace relegated 14s.

Ay thenkyooo.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
One thing that doesn't quite add up in the doom and gloom Palace financial situation. Why not sell Zaha? No bids other than Bolton's last Jan? Are they hoping that someone comes in late or are they hoping that he has such a great season that his value appreciates significantly and they muddle through in the meantime? You pays your money and you takes your chance I guess. Maybe they are the ultimate chess players and will surprise everyone but signings like Ramage look more like papering over the cracks than pushing on.
Yep i find this baffling,a club with financial troubles won't sell a player to balance the books,pretty sure they turned down 6 million from bolton earlier this year.

Idiotic football club

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just read a tweet from a Palace fan who was at The Madejski this afternoon watching Palace lose 2 nil. :lol:

At reading sat next to Baxters dad, apparently Steve parish said we haven't got the money to offer him a contract even tho DF wants to #cpfc
Awesome

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yep i find this baffling,a club with financial troubles won't sell a player to balance the books,pretty sure they turned down 6 million from bolton last year.

Idiotic football club

The latest "official" figure from CPFC recently was that the bid was £4.5m. They had previously said 5m, I believe, so it's hard to know what the actual bid was.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's not down to a lack of faith, it's because Baxter really did seem excellent. People are wondering why we've turned down someone who would almost certainly be an instant first team player at the moment.

Also, you mentioned earlier we could sign 6 players with the cash from a Zaha sale. The trouble is, we really don't need 6 players. We need goals. That's it. Our defence is extremely solid, our midfield is good. We just need forward players. Selling Zaha would be stupid when he is our main attacking threat (a bloody good one at that).

There are bids in for good players. I won't panic until the window shuts and we haven't signed them.
Yes but zaha hardly ever scores so that's not much of a threat is it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seems stange that he played for an hour or so today when news supposedly broke yesterday that he was not going to be signed?
He could have agreed to a trial lasting a set period. Other clubs would know he isn't going to be offered a contract and might have sent a scout today to suss out if he is any good.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The latest "official" figure from CPFC recently was that the bid was £4.5m. They had previously said 5m, I believe, so it's hard to know what the actual bid was.
That must have been 4.5 million + add on's then,still they should focus on balancing the books.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That must have been 4.5 million + add on's then,still they should focus on balancing the books.

Parish said the bid was £4.5M , I'm sure if there were any add ons he would have mentioned these to placate the Nigels.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
He could have agreed to a trial lasting a set period. Other clubs would know he isn't going to be offered a contract and might have sent a scout today to suss out if he is any good.
That could be the case. But it seems strange that they decided to bring him on as sub asfter 39 minutes instead of one of their other options like Murray who was also warming the bench...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
f***ing hell, all is not well :laugh: look at these tweets

CPFC!!! ‏[MENTION=2150]james[/MENTION]Daley1983
@CEO4TAG Hope Dougie can pull a couple of transfers out the bag nxt week steve. Many fans feelin very negative this coming season #cpfc

Steve Parish ‏@CEO4TAG
[MENTION=2150]james[/MENTION]Daley1983 #cpfc Mate I don't pick 2 defensive midfielders every week nor do I play one up front, I just write the cheques

I think CPFC2010 are getting a bit peeved with the dour doug.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

@CEO4TAG Hope Dougie can pull a couple of transfers out the bag nxt week steve. Many fans feelin very negative this coming season #cpfc

Steve Parish ‏@CEO4TAG
[MENTION=2150]james[/MENTION]Daley1983 #cpfc Mate I don't pick 2 defensive midfielders every week nor do I play one up front, I just write the cheques

And this is the bad side of having owners talking publicly with the fans.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Steve Parish ‏@CEO4TAG

People are complaining about playing with 1 up front / 2 defensive midfielders on Twitter. I'd imagine he's talking about them. Highly doubt he'd criticize our manager on a public forum!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

@CEO4TAG
[MENTION=5094]Frank[/MENTION]sy169 @Eleanor_CPFC #cpfc Whatever makes his Dad feel better I guess.

@CEO4TAG
[MENTION=12198]paul[/MENTION]ross22 [MENTION=15445]webb[/MENTION]sword Maybe that's what he was told instead of he aint fit enough which is what I was told

Big mistake by Dougie. He has been quality all pre-season. Very very grim times. Seriously worried now.

R'n' B - you seem the most level headed Palace on here - which three clubs do you think you can finish above this season ?

Peterboro, Bristol City & I'm struggling now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here