Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Baxter Not Joining Palace

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
In my view, Palace have to be one of the favourites to go down. They are weaker then last year and are relying on kids to create and score goals. Bearing in mind Zaha wasn't particularly proficient at doing either last season (despite how much Palace fans harp on about him).

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It may well be the right decision to let Baxter go, but it isn't half funny seeing how depressed and pissed off they all are this afternoon

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
One thing that doesn't quite add up in the doom and gloom Palace financial situation. Why not sell Zaha? No bids other than Bolton's last Jan? Are they hoping that someone comes in late or are they hoping that he has such a great season that his value appreciates significantly and they muddle through in the meantime? You pays your money and you takes your chance I guess. Maybe they are the ultimate chess players and will surprise everyone but signings like Ramage look more like papering over the cracks than pushing on.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
One thing that doesn't quite add up in the doom and gloom Palace financial situation. Why not sell Zaha? No bids other than Bolton's last Jan? Are they hoping that someone comes in late or are they hoping that he has such a great season that his value appreciates significantly and they muddle through in the meantime? You pays your money and you takes your chance I guess. Maybe they are the ultimate chess players and will surprise everyone but signings like Ramage look more like papering over the cracks than pushing on.

I said at the start of the summer the best thing they could do is sell Zaha for £5m, then get half a dozen new 1st team players in for the money. It seems keeping hold of one of their youngsters has a higher priority then developing the team as a whole.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Wow, I've been reading the comments on the Palace board. It's gone from them all saying how well they will do next season, to a couple starting to moan, now the entire board are shitting themselves.

I wanted to play Palace a few more times before the went down :shrug:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I said at the start of the summer the best thing they could do is sell Zaha for £5m, then get half a dozen new 1st team players in for the money. It seems keeping hold of one of their youngsters has a higher priority then developing the team as a whole.

Selling a player on a 5 year contract for far less than they are worth is never a good idea.

As for Baxter, he was clearly a talented lad. When he came on trial Everton fans said he had a bad attitude and was unfit, and when he played he looked quite beefy. However, he was great with the ball at his feet even if he didn't move around a lot.

Everton fans think we've dodged a bullet. He was certainly a good enough player to offer a contract, but the question marks around his attitude must have led to him not being given one.

The man himself is absolutely gutted. He's said on Twitter loads of times that he'd love to join us, but it seems like he wasn't right for the club.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Wow, I've been reading the comments on the Palace board. It's gone from them all saying how well they will do next season, to a couple starting to moan, now the entire board are shitting themselves.

I wanted to play Palace a few more times before the went down :shrug:

Everyone is pissed off because we haven't signed a player who wanted to join us, and was clearly very talented.

It doesn't add up. Clearly there was another factor (attitude) that led to him being turned down.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Selling a player on a 5 year contract for far less than they are worth is never a good idea.

As for Baxter, he was clearly a talented lad. When he came on trial Everton fans said he had a bad attitude and was unfit, and when he played he looked quite beefy. However, he was great with the ball at his feet even if he didn't move around a lot.

Everton fans think we've dodged a bullet. He was certainly a good enough player to offer a contract, but the question marks around his attitude must have led to him not being given one.

The man himself is absolutely gutted. He's said on Twitter loads of times that he'd love to join us, but it seems like he wasn't right for the club.

Looking forward to the first game of the season then Seaside? Your fellow fans seem to be approaching it with some trepidation but I expect you'll be retaining your rosy demeanour and positivity towards the Doug, CPFC2010 and your chances of promotion this season :thumbsup:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Looking forward to the first game of the season then Seaside? Your fellow fans seem to be approaching it with some trepidation but I expect you'll be retaining your rosy demeanour and positivity towards the Doug, CPFC2010 and your chances of promotion this season :thumbsup:

I can't wait until the season starts. It has been too long without football. The majority of the BBS was quite positive until the Baxter news. I'd expect tomorrow things will have settled down again.

Promotion is very unlikely unless we get McCormack. Given Leeds' financial situation it could happen, but who knows.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looking forward to the first game of the season the Seaside? Your fellow fans seem to be approaching it with some trepidation but I expect you'll be retaining your rosy demeanour and positivity towards the Doug, CPFC2010 an your chances of promotion this season :thumbsup:
It is quite cute how [MENTION=24994]Seaside[/MENTION] takes every scrap of bullshit coming out of their ramshackle from CPFC2010 as signs of his noddy little outfit heading towards being a sustainable version of Man City.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
However I will say, if Dougie doesn't have an excellent signing or two up his sleeve, he is a complete idiot.

Luckily I don't think he is, so there must be. :thumbsup:

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Either CPFC owners aren't as rich as they say they are or they don't trust Doogie or maybe both. I'd be seriously worried if I was a Palace fan as something clearly doesn't add up. Can't see them doing anything else but struggle this season with that squad TBH.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

As above, it may well be the right decision that Baxter was released - but it's bloody funny seeing the fans implode as a result a trialist not being signed. Shows there isn't much faith in the Palace regime at the moment.

You may not think Zaha is worth as little as £5m, but you've only been offered £4.5m for him so far, and that would go a long way to sorting a side out that isn't going to be battling relegation

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Either CPFC owners aren't as rich as they say they are or they don't trust Doogie or maybe both. I'd be seriously worried if I was a Palace fan as something clearly doesn't add up. Can't see them doing anything else but struggle this season with that squad TBH.

Our squad is missing 2 or 3 players. Wait until the end of the transfer window until you judge.

Although it's probably more fun for you now, before we sign anyone...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here