Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Baxter Not Joining Palace

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I saw him vs Lewes - Looked a v good player with his feet but was clearly unfit. Still looked a cut above most of Palace's players bar Zaha. They'll be gutted if he doesn't sign as their fans were raving bout him!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bizarre to not sign a player pre-season because he isn't fit - I rather thought that was the job of the coaches etc?

Perhaps they mean he isn't mentally suited to getting fit and playing professional football but that is hardly surprising with Smellhus=rst as a backdrop.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I saw him vs Lewes - Looked a v good player with his feet but was clearly unfit. Still looked a cut above most of Palace's players bar Zaha. They'll be gutted if he doesn't sign as their fans were raving bout him!

They do seem a bit confused by it, some questioning Freedman again:

Andrew Jackson‏@ajjaxon

However there's still time left in the transfer window. Let's just hope DF can pull some decent signings off. We really do need them. #cpfc

1m RosieBlackwellSutton‏@rmmbs

Wtf, cadogan gone and we're not signing Baxter. Dougie better have something good up his sleeve. #cpfc

1m Sean Addley‏[MENTION=147]Sea[/MENTION]nFeargal

Hate to be pessimistic but right now, if we get two or three long term injuries, we will struggle. Need some new bodies #cpfc

1m Chris Cumings‏[MENTION=17364]chrisc[/MENTION]umings

what a monumental cock-up not signing jose baxter could prove to be. sad to say it but pressure on freedman from fans growing everyday #cpfc

3m Andrew Jackson‏@ajjaxon

We will regret not signing Baxter. As a #cpfc you learn to accept you're never going to be world-beaters, but this summer has been shit.

3m Richard Gale‏@agit8or

For the 1st time in many years I'm actually starting the season worried, normally this kicks in around Jan. Trust only goes so far #cpfc

5m Elliott Sexton✞♊‏@esexton95

I wish Freedman would stop hiding behind the stupid fitness excuse and tell us #cpfc what is really f***ing going on

6m Matt-a-tat-tat‏[MENTION=24657]matty[/MENTION]Miller14

Dougie Freedman once turned down signing Lionel Messi because his toe-nails were too long #cpfc

Stuart Dodsworth‏[MENTION=1983]Stuart[/MENTION]eagle

[MENTION=147]Sea[/MENTION]nFeargal #cpfc very tough season ahead for us at this rate,not excited abt it at the moment,really hope we pull off a few surprises

1m Webbo‏[MENTION=15445]webb[/MENTION]sWord

I had a feeling we wouldn't sign Baxter but it disappoints me, I was hoping to be wrong. #cpfc

1m Martin Reid‏@Reidms88

Very Uninspired about #cpfc prospects 4 nxt season after all the promises. Anova season of strugle unless some big changes over next 2 weeks

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
jordan.p‏[MENTION=12117]Jordan[/MENTION]Page7

@k_cadogan gone now @jbaxter_37 not signing what is this? #cpfc

1m Ant‏[MENTION=2735]ant[/MENTION]hzz_DK

I really don't know what Freedman is doing ATM #cpfc this whole match-fitness ting

1m Sam Jackson‏[MENTION=612]Sam[/MENTION]_andreas

Never mind, we'll get thumped first day well and truly then they'll have to do something. #IBelieveInZola #cpfc

1m les jeal‏@lesjeal

I'm a positive #cpfc person but not signing @jbaxter_37 has dampened my spirits. Dougie appears to over analyse in my opinion. Risks needed.

This quote is my favourite so far

Today, 03:41 PM

croydonexile
Fork it !

Something is going on behind the scenes surely. Has dougie lost the plot and his nerve or are the owners calling in the debt? Distinct relegation candidates the way we are heading. SP "judge us at the end of the transfer window" well steve, the judgement at the moment is you guys are really starting to lose the good faith you worked so hard to build up.

:clap:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Andy Stotesbury‏[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]_stotes

Hate to say it but think this will be our season for the drop. Not even any calculated risks being taken. 7 days to sign at least 2 #cpfc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here