Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordon verses Dowie, who's the bad guy here ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I see that Charlton's chairman wants a swift end to the legal action instigated by Simon Jordon.

Now I know this has been debeted before but is Jordon the bad guy here ? We know he can get a bit carried away at times but he must have a case as I can't see how bloke of his wealth being so stupid as to get into a potentially very expensive legal action without some hope of winning. I don't buy that he's just annoyed because Dowie now manages the club that many Palace fans see as their main (and real) rivals.

When all is said and done Steve Bruce screwed him over and got away with it so I can understnd his ire.

From the BBC

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think that Jordon is used to having his own way, and is now acting like a little school boy.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kinky Gerbils said:
Jordan is right - what is the point of having contracts if he is not?

That is my thinking too. Its easy to knock the bloke but like Bruce I think that Dowie has also screwed Palace.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
bhaexpress said:
that many Palace fans see as their main (and real) rivals.

And that goes to show you know absolutely squat about Palace bhae, the vast majority of Palace fans couldnt give a rats arse about Charlton (i was going to say and you know it but its plainly obvious you don't!). Stick to what you know fella Prog Rock or something of that ilk eh?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Jordan is the guy in the right.

Although, after a friend met him in a bar in Spain, I'm inclined to think the little **** does dserve to be screwed over more than most people.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Jordon verses Dowie, who's the bad guy here ?

SJ's Love Monkey said:
bhaexpress said:

And that goes to show you know absolutely squat about Palace bhae, the vast majority of Palace fans couldnt give a rats arse about Charlton (i was going to say and you know it but its plainly obvious you don't!). Stick to what you know fella Prog Rock or something of that ilk eh?

You think ? Hmm, maybe all those Palace fans at Croydon Council were actually Sutton United fans. There's a whole lot of Palace fans who see Charlton as their real rivals and frankly its not hard to see why. Its only we older fans of Palace and Brighton who see things as us verses you. Anybody born much after 1980 wouldn't understand.

Naturally being from Croydon you would know far more than me about rats arses I agree :lolol:

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Jordon verses Dowie, who's the bad guy here ?

bhaexpress said:
You think ? Hmm, maybe all those Palace fans at Croydon Council were actually Sutton United fans. There's a whole lot of Palace fans who see Charlton as their real rivals and frankly its not hard to see why. Its only we older fans of Palace and Brighton who see things as us verses you. Anybody born much after 1980 wouldn't understand.

It doesnt help that Orient where around when most "new" supporters around my age started watching the Albion.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: Re: Jordon verses Dowie, who's the bad guy here ?

Kinky Gerbils said:
It doesnt help that Orient where around when most "new" supporters around my age started watching the Albion.

No, no, that's purely an Orient thing. Not many clubs really want a rival in a lower division. For example, I don't think many Forest fans see County as their main rival, they would cite Derby I'm sure.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005

bhaexpress said:

Sorry mate that just isnt true Millwall are hated much more by the newer generation than Charlton, they are just like a wasp that won't go away an annoyance.

Still you would know a lot more about than Palace than me, after all its like an obsession with you fella! ;)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Jordon verses Dowie, who's the bad guy here ?

SJ's Love Monkey said:
Sorry mate that just isnt true Millwall are hated much more by the newer generation than Charlton, they are just like a wasp that won't go away an annoyance.

Still you would know a lot more about than Palace than me, after all its like an obsession with you fella! ;)

That sums Charlton up in a word really - annoyance.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

SJ's Love Monkey said:
bhaexpress said:

The vast majority may not care about Charlton, but Simon Jordan certainly does, and that's what appears to be important here. I don't think he's forgiven them for sending you lot down a couple of seasons ago, when in fact the season in the Premiership lasts 38 games, not one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dowie lied and deceived a chairman who I gather treated him well and made it easy for him to go back up North and releasing him from a contract Dowie was happy to sign, which was his excuse for wanting to leave?. He then signs for a local rival, irrelevant whether they are the biggest rival, or have I got confused somewhere?

How can Dowie not be the bad guy in this, shameful behaviour imo.

But he was a Palace manager, so shouldn't be too suprised :)

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex

SJ's Love Monkey said:
bhaexpress said:

Originally posted by bhaexpress
My point is that over here in North East Kent, but a sparrows fart from Smellworst I have never seen a single Palarse supporter of have even heard anybody admit to such. That's like somebody in Portslade saying the don't know a thing about Brighton.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You obviously mix with the toffs then who know f**k all about football.

It`s confirmed then.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex

bhaexpress said:
There's a whole lot of Palace fans who see Charlton as their real rivals and frankly its not hard to see why. :
Frankly that`s ball shit.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005

The Large One said:
The vast majority may not care about Charlton, but Simon Jordan certainly does, and that's what appears to be important here. I don't think he's forgiven them for sending you lot down a couple of seasons ago, when in fact the season in the Premiership lasts 38 games, not one.

Spot on and even though the Charlton fans like to think they sent us down it was our inability to beat either Soton or Norwich in our final two home games that saw us relegated, Higinbotham scoring 4 minutes into injury time when the win would have seen us safe. I know Jordan can be a stubborn fucker but i would like to think he is above all that to be honest. However...........................:glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here