Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Ross and 6m per annum.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Is it just me or is anyone else surprised that Woss is being paid 6m per year of our licence fee money.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he is good....

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He's good

Thats not the discussion here. He earns about 30 times more than the Prime Minister.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't get A-listers from Hollywood etc on the BBC.

Will Smith ain't gonna appear on the Sunday Night Project, I can tell you.

Also, Ross does quite a few shows (TV and radio).

How much do the Top Gear cocks get?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
He also work very hard for it. He is involved in a lot of shows.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
He's good

Thats not the discussion here. He earns about 30 times more than the Prime Minister.

are you suggesting that jon should be the next prime minister?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He also work very hard for it. He is involved in a lot of shows.

Does he put in more hours than the nursing staff at a hospital?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

Not sure how many hours a week nursing staff put in. I would imagine though that he is working upwards of 60 hours a week.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Not sure how many hours a week nursing staff put in. I would imagine though that he is working upwards of 60 hours a week.

So thats just £2000 per hour.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

do any professions that earn more than them put in more hours?

i doubt it. jon is this countries leading chat show host, as somebody else has said, half of the stars, particularly americans, wouldnt appear on any other show. he is entertaining and he is bloody popular. id rather have him uninterupted on the bbc than a show where every 5 minutes there is an advert, which would have been the case had itv lured him over to them last time his contract was up

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
half of the stars, particularly americans, wouldnt appear on any other show.

What a lot of bollocks. The vast majority of artists appear with the sole intention of promoting a new record / book / film etc.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
a certain student nurse puts in 50 hours a week on wards and gets paid zilch, not even her bloody travel expenses on the bus

one of the "perks" of the NHS

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
What a lot of bollocks. The vast majority of artists appear with the sole intention of promoting a new record / book / film etc.

you are right - i am so happy that jonathan ross is not on this week and that the PLETHORA of stars lined up to appear now wont be chatting away to britains premier chat show host

roll on the sunday night project, with a bloke who looks like a lion and another whose sole attribute is being a homosexual, cant wait

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
you are right - i am so happy that jonathan ross is not on this week and that the PLETHORA of stars lined up to appear now wont be chatting away to britains premier chat show host

roll on the sunday night project, with a bloke who looks like a lion and another whose sole attribute is being a homosexual, cant wait

I think you should get out more.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
As a mate of mine pointed out when we discussed this, he doesn't get the £6m, it is paid to his production company that also covers the cost of making the programmes. If no one watches and they lose money, he don't get paid none. But, as he seems to be doing an ok job, he makes a pretty good living.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

I think you should get out more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here