Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke Du Jour

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You would know if you'd been fostered as your surname would be different to theirs. The only circumstance in which your lineage may have be hidden from you is if they had adopted you.

As for being bathed in Australian lager, I think that's a false memory.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
When I was a baby my parents used to bathe me in cheap Australian lager.

It wasn't until I was 18 that I realised I'd been fostered! :)

Thank goodness you weren’t bathed in this
IMG_5673.jpeg

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

I think you need to verify your age for us to see whether your statement has any validity.

Foster's lager wasn't on sale in the UK until 1971, so if you are nearer your 60s than 50 then your parents would have had to import this lager when you were a baby. In which case, it would certainly not have been cheap. And if you are far younger, then since 1981 this so-called Australian Lager has been brewed under licence in the UK, and so isn't Australian at all - except in name.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

This sounds highly irregular and suggests that your foster parents hadn't been screened sufficiently. Hopefully lessons have been learned and nothing like this could happen today.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’m very sorry to hear this. It seems very irresponsible for your foster parents to have done something so foolish when you were an infant. Out of interest, how did you come to learn of this lager bathing? Presumably as a baby you have no memory of it - did they confess this to you recently?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I think you need to verify your age for us to see whether your statement has any validity.

Foster's lager wasn't on sale in the UK until 1971, so if you are nearer your 60s than 50 then your parents would have had to import this lager when you were a baby. In which case, it would certainly not have been cheap. And if you are far younger, then since 1981 this so-called Australian Lager has been brewed under licence in the UK, and so isn't Australian at all - except in name.
All valid points if you assume the OP grew up in the UK. What evidence do you have for this?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Are you interested in meeting your real parents?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here