Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joining the army

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I know some of you have been in the army so a quick question.

I used to know a dopey twat who was in the army for a bit when he was young. ANyway, some years later he wanted to join up again and I heard he went for an interview in which he was asked if he had taken drugs ever. He had, many times, and thrown by the question blurted out that he had, once. Anyway, I was told he was turned down on the spot beacause of it.

So, my question is, if the army know you have used drugs, do they automatically bar you?

And if so....

What the f*** about Prince Harry?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Different rules for blue blood.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
he will get exactly the same questions, he will when he enters Sandhurst have to go through the same process as the other candidates!

What proof have you he has taken drugs? Oh yes sorry it was in the sun!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
yeah but does drug taking immediatley bar you from a career in the army? that's what I want to know?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
does having blue blood hide all the dodgy stuff?

got to get me some of that

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
alan partridge said:
yeah but does drug taking immediatley bar you from a career in the army? that's what I want to know?

In Ireland it does, so I expect its the same in the UK

I was considering the Irish Air Force once upon a time, but my eyesight and my buggered knee meant I wouldn't get in. I did do one interview though, and one of the questions was "Have you ever takn:" and a large list of drugs, ranging from cannibis upwards.

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
The Northstander said:
Automatic admin disharge! (booted out!)

not automatic, although they like to think it is, i'm still in and i've got a mate who tested positive for pot, he's still in. its up to he commanding officer if you get discharged or not.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Oh ok, when I was in few years back now mind, they were zero tolerance!

Random tests, booted out! AND prior to going"VIA" Colchester!!! Military nick!

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
thats still very much the case but there are always a few exceptions, of course everybody wants a drug free armed forces but say for example if you played combined service rugby, your CO might be willing to give you a second chance.

plus we all know how to beat the tests anyway:p :p :dance: :smokin:

This parasite could have been shooting up everyday and I suspect the Toadies on the admissions board would still allow Hurrah Harry in. There's one rule for Joe Public and one rule for those who went the 'right' school. A.P. makes a good point all the same. Will the papers ask this impertinent question though?? ???

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
MYOB said:
In Ireland it does, so I expect its the same in the UK

I was considering the Irish Air Force once upon a time, but my eyesight and my buggered knee meant I wouldn't get in. I did do one interview though, and one of the questions was "Have you ever takn:" and a large list of drugs, ranging from cannibis upwards.
The Irish Airforce :p :p :p :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here