Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnstones Paint Trophy

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
The final is at Wembley in March.

Worth a decent go surely this season?

Would be great fun to go there this year!

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I can't get too excited about sitting in a half empty stadium watching the final of the Does Anyone Honestly Give A Toss About This Trophy.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
gazwag said:
Would be a brilliant day out - would it be the first cup final at Wembley - if of course its ready by then

I think the Carling Cup final is in February.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Any cup run would be welcome, and a trip to Wembley would be fantastic.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Brighton till i die said:
give me the play off final instead please!!

f*** the LDV bollox im afraid i'd rather us f***ing opt out!

I know what you mean, but a cup run = more cash, more cash = more to waste on falmer, more wasted on falmer = more to claim back from LDC when they lose.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Grendel said:
I can't get too excited about sitting in a half empty stadium watching the final of the Does Anyone Honestly Give A Toss About This Trophy.

You'll be there if we are!!

In an ideal world we'd play Forest and I'd expect the place to be nearly full. In reality we'll lose away at Torquay one night.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Wardywonderland said:
I know what you mean, but a cup run = more cash, more cash = more to waste on falmer, more wasted on falmer = more to claim back from LDC when they lose.

The final is the only thing that would make us money from a run in this mickey mouse cup. Your lucky to get a crowd of 2,000 in for most of the games.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
A final at wembley would certainly not be half empty, whatever the competition - we took 30,000 to Cardiff (admittedly for a bigger game, but that's much further to go) and i'd think we could easily take the same amount to Wembley - how many chances will we get!?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Citrus said:
I think the Carling Cup final is in February.

worth having a proper crack at that then if possible , at the very least we have a chance to play some decent oposition along the way

i personally reckon we can get a promotion and a decent couple of cup runs , even with what we've got

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here