Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnstones Paint Semis - Who Do You Want?

so who next in our path of destruction?

• Shrewsbury - HOME

Votes: 49 54.4%
  • Shrewsbury - AWAY

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Brizzle City- HOME

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Brizzle City - AWAY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brizzle Rovers- HOME

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Brizzle Rovers - AWAY

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Fence United - NEUTRAL

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
from the list?

i'd take a home game against the Shrews or Rovers to be honest, save City for the Final (or hope the other knocks them out)

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Rovers away would be good, as would either of the others, from a personal point of view. However, I reckon any of them at home would be best for the majority of our fans and probably the team too.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would prefer Rovers away for purely mercenary reasons, it is close and I haven't been to their current ground yet. Don't you just know that it will end up as a Bristol derby with us away at Shrewsbury, odds on.

Bristol City 19 7 1 1 15 8 3 2 5 10 10 7 33
Brighton 19 2 3 4 12 16 5 0 5 12 12 -4 24

Bristol Rovers 19 6 2 2 10 5 2 2 5 7 14 -2 28
Shrewsbury 18 3 4 2 15 10 3 3 3 11 8 8 25

The most winnable tie - which looks to me the Shrews at home. Oh hold on, our away record is better, so Shrews away, ah but we've won 3 home cup ties, ah dunno

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yep. Gotta be Rovers away.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Shrewsbury Away please, easiest for me to get to:)

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I'd like to see a Bristol final (as long as we get promoted via the play offs and to the 6th round of the FA Cup as compensation)

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
The Complete Badger said:
I am working on the basis that at some point we are going to have to beat Bristol City. I think our best chance of doing this is in a one-off game. Don't ask for proof, but I reckon that over two matches their experience and excellent league form would count for more. However, if we have a good night, we could easily beat them once. Also, to draw either of the lower clubs away could potentially be very tricky, whereas over two games I am sure we would piss all over them.

So, to cut a long story short, I want Bristol CITY at HOME in the semi:)

Is the right answer. A one-off at home would give us more chance than over two legs.

The only other option would be one of the other two at home and hope City get knocked out in the other game.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Shrews at home, can see Rovers beating City in the other one.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
I am working on the basis that at some point we are going to have to beat Bristol City. I think our best chance of doing this is in a one-off game. Don't ask for proof, but I reckon that over two matches their experience and excellent league form would count for more. However, if we have a good night, we could easily beat them once. Also, to draw either of the lower clubs away could potentially be very tricky, whereas over two games I am sure we would piss all over them.

So, to cut a long story short, I want Bristol CITY at HOME in the semi:)

Pretty much my thinking as well.

Scared.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here