Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Sullivan in Worthing Herald

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think I have been more pleased for a youth product to achieve his primary goal of playing for The Albion.

Two years (or more) of bench warming can't have been easy and there must have been doubts as to whether he would follow the path of all our other home grown goalkeepers. He has had a promising start and considering keepers tend to peak at 30+, the future bodes well.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
sully,you are the future:bowdown:,and a very down to earth lad

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Ive been impressed by his appearances during the absense of Michel. Hope he's given the chance.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I don't think I have been more pleased for a youth product to achieve his primary goal of playing for The Albion.

Two years (or more) of bench warming can't have been easy and there must have been doubts as to whether he would follow the path of all our other home grown goalkeepers. He has had a promising start and considering keepers tend to peak at 30+, the future bodes well.

:clap:

ps I loved his lil' quote about his parents: "If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be where I am ". :lolol:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Agree with BoF. Most of our youth players who 'make it' I look at and just see arrogants pricks who shouldn't be anywhere near our level, yet think they're the next big thing. With Sullivan it's different. He's a REAL albion fan, waited patiently for his chance, and has a huge talent that will only grow as he gets towards his best. I hope he's the man to take over from King Michel when the sad day comes in a few years.

agreed, so many of youth products are shit but massively overrated and given far too many games, unlike john

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
agreed, so many of youth products are shit but massively overrated and given far too many games, unlike john
You can't say that though.I mean when we signed Nicky Rust and threw him into the first team straight away at 20? years of age he done really well for a while.
Then he just became pants.It's to early to judge John at the moment but the signs are good.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
But you are spot on about giving the youth to many games at such a young age.Even Wilkins said this about Cox but he had no choice but to play him.Is this why Cox hasn't performed for ages now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here