Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Piercey!

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
Got john piercey coming into college after xmas to do a talk! me and 'half time oranges' requested it as they are mates :clap:

any good questions?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
dwayne said:
What's it like to be a failure?

succint and to the point.

Dickhead. Since when has beeing forced into retirement through serious illness been failure?

The bloke isnt in a good way by all accounts and still struggles badly with the ilness that forced him to retire.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
enigma said:
How much does the illness affect him outside of football?

A friend of mine suffers from the same thing, and I can assure you, when it's bad, John Piercy will barely have the energy to get up. It really is a debilitating condition.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
:down: he's working in wall of fame in eastbourne at the mo, im playin against him somtime in the following year in a indoor league at the soverign centre! :bounce:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Gritt23 said:
A friend of mine suffers from the same thing, and I can assure you, when it's bad, John Piercy will barely have the energy to get up. It really is a debilitating condition.

Doesnt stop ignorant twats like Dwayne from making really stupid comments though.

Dandyman

In London village.
Do you want to continue a career in football as a coach, scout or manager ?

what advice would you give to young players ?

Do clubs do enough to prepare players for life outside the game?

Are you the youngest person in Eastbourne ?

E

enigma

Albion Dan said:
A few of my mates see him fairly reguarly and he still struggles with in in everday life apparently.

Gritt23 said:

Poor guy. So there's not even the chance of him being a manager. Not knowing much about his condition, I thought it was just affecting him exercise.

I really hope he can turn his hand to something and make a success of it. The poor bloke must have been gutted.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What do you think of the PFA who stated that an injury is covered by insurance but a debilatating illness isn't?

Yorkie said:
What do you think of the PFA who stated that an injury is covered by insurance but a debilatating illness isn't?

I think I can guess the answer to that one. Although I'm not insured against debilatating illness by my company/industry or union (not that I have a union mind) and I'm sure most others aren't either.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
He has got Ulcerative Colitis, which is similar to Chrohns. I have the same condition. Not nice at all. It affects people with varying degrees of severity and flares up occasionally or most if not all of the time. For instance, Steve Redgrave has the same illness. It makes him even more remarkable for what he achieved. John may have a severe case.

The effects are obvious i.e having to go to the loo many times of the day. But due to the fact that your body cannot absorb nutrients from the food that you eat and that you are also shitting blood, you do become very tired.

You do get periods of when its seems to go away. Some people get a few years, others a few weeks if at all.

Why do people get it. Dont know. One thing is for sure, Peircy wasn't a quitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here