Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Peel style music recommendations thread

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Not sure if this is quite the place for this but there was an evening where JP opened the radio programme with SideWinder (or was it Side Walking) by J&MC, this was in place of the usual JP opening theme tune. He played it again after an hour and once again, in full, as the last song of the two hour show. Not much in the way of an apology but more in the way of " you just have to listen to this again". It was all him and his wish, it was from the heart.

So much enthusiasm, what a shame.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
For those of you who are into downloading MP3's and the mighty John Peel try this site - http://www.radio.plus.com/.

Highly recommend the vast majority of the tracks - particular favourite at the moment is Bobby Con.

Still feel like a huge part of my life has been ripped away from me - my final reason for listening to the radio (other than Brighton games) has been removed.

I thought I felt bad when Kirsty MacColl died but.............

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
wadhurstseagull said:
For those of you who are into downloading MP3's and the mighty John Peel try this site - http://www.radio.plus.com/.

Highly recommend the vast majority of the tracks - particular favourite at the moment is Bobby Con.

I like a bit of Bobby. Saw him a couple of years ago and he was dressed as an elf. As were his hulking heavy metal-looking band. An excellent evening.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
the full harris said:
Slum Village

No way! They're just a poor man's Tribe Called Quest. If you want some decent American stuff, you should check out MF Doom. He releases albums under different names though, so it takes some hunting. Check for LP's under the name of Viktor Vaughn and Madvillain. Madvillain is a very jazz-influenced hip-hop LP, featuring the production talent of Lootpack producer Madlib.

If you want UK hip-hop to keep an eye on, pop down to Po Na Na's tonight. (FREE before 11) Two of Brighton's best crews, The Lost Souls and The Menagerie will be performing. Its a night put on by the same people that put on the Brighton Hip-Hop Festival on the seafront a couple of months ago, and there's gonna be CD and clothing giveaways as well.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I can't get down, Koaste. Paretns taking me out to dinner for being a comlpete DUDE. Grab me a t shirt innit.

:blush:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I can't get down, Koaste. Paretns taking me out to dinner for being a comlpete DUDE. Grab me a t shirt innit.
:blush:

No probs. I'll see what I can do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here