Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Lennon last night

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Watched a John Lennon Drama last night which was an enjoyable watch but his portrayal by Christopher Eccleston showed his as a bit of a arrogant self centred cock.

Whilst knowing of the Beatles and the music like most people, I did not grow up in this era and therefore did not get to know them if you know what I mean, and had assume he was a around good guy fighting for the common people etc.

Anyone from this era got any insight as to whether he was a Billy big bollocks Charlie or not ? of this was just the film makers opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was a very talented cock who let the adulation go to his head, unsuprising given the adulation heaped on the Beatles. I don't think any other band since has come remotely close to experiencing the madness that surrounded the Beatles. Drugs didn't help I'm sure.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Wasn't he closely linked with black activist Michael X (No not Malcolm) in the late 60's/early 70's? Also didnt the CIA/FBI keep a close eye on his activities up till his death?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
A very gifted and talented musician and writer with personal demons. Had a wild temper and tendency to lash out verbally and physically. Contrary to popular opinion, although he was more commercially successful whilst married to his first wife, temperament-wise he matured greatly and took on wider social responsibility with Yoko.

(I was actually born after he died but am somewhat of a Beatle-maniac and have read volumes about the chap).

Strangely, my favourite Beatle but one you would most likely only want to meet once.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Also didnt the CIA/FBI keep a close eye on his activities up till his death?

I think that had more to do with him supporting the anti Vietnam lobby and "Give Peace a Chance" being sung at all anti war demos, along with his drugs background and the fact that he could hold American protesters in his hand at demonstrations. He made the FBI/CIA very nervous. Vaguely remember him having a prolonged fight to get a green card.

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I saw it last night. It was possibly the worst acting (whole cast) and worst script I have seen for a long time. Elcleston(?) went from scouse to Yorkshire and back again. As for the guy who played Mccartney. Oh dear. Looked more like Jamie Cullum and spoke about 20 octives lower the Paul.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Saw bits of it. Lennon came across in a bad light. Just lifted selected quotations from him throughout his career and twisted it. Not very good

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If his first wife is to be believed he had a penchant for hitting women.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Watched it too. thought Chris Ecclestone looked like a skinny Terry Tibbs with hair.
The guy playing Paul was f***ing dire

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Watched it too. thought Chris Ecclestone looked like a skinny Terry Tibbs with hair.
The guy playing Paul was f***ing dire

One of the McCann brothers would have got the accent spot on and been more of a resemblance to Lennon than Ecclestone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here