Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Humphreys 10 - Tony Blair 0

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Humphreys wiped the floor with Blair in an interview about terrorism on the Today programme on Radio 4 this morning.

Realised just how much I hate and despise that weasely, know-it-all ex-PM.

Well done, John.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Blair really is a complete w*nker. I can't believe I fell for his bullshit and voted for him.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Difficult to see whether he was a worse PM than Gordon Brown or whether Gordon Brown was a worse PM than Twatty Blair or whether Alastair Darling was a worse Chancellor of the Exchequer than Gordon Brown or whether Gordon Brown was a worse Chancellor of the Exchequer than Alastair Darling.
All that is now evident after the revelations this week, that the whole New Labour Project was one of the worst things ever to hit this country. Probably irretrievable in both social and economic terms.

Blair also had us into conflicts we should never have been in.

Never ever want another Labour government. Never been a good one and don't want to test the theory again, thank you very much.

TNBA

TTF

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
B.Liar should be in front of a War Crimes tribunal for his complicity in the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq. He cost the lives of untold thousands of people and has blood on his hands up to his armpits. Utterly shameful.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Trouble is that all the parties contain the same ideas and they'll say anything to get power, then a million reasons why they can't deliver. The truth is out there, they just won't tell us. Power products liars.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Blair changed the country for the better. Soap dodgers harp on about the war but ask the Iraqi people freed of a murderous dictator. Life is good for them

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Blair changed the country for the better. Soap dodgers harp on about the war but ask the Iraqi people freed of a murderous dictator. Life is good for them

He also oversaw a domestic boom in the economy, introduced the minimum wage, surestart centres and banned foxhunting. Amongst a billion other positive things.

He made a gross error of judgement on Iraq and it's a shame that'll be his legacy. Quite frankly I think constantly berating him is wrong. It's not all black and white and he should be weighed up a little bit maturely than just labelling him good or evil.

He also oversaw a domestic boom in the economy, introduced the minimum wage, surestart centres and banned foxhunting. Amongst a billion other positive things.

He made a gross error of judgement on Iraq and it's a shame that'll be his legacy. Quite frankly I think constantly berating him is wrong. It's not all black and white and he should be weighed up a little bit maturely than just labelling him good or evil.

A gross error of judgement that has cost hundred of thosuand of lives and billions and billions of pounds. That is one hell of an error of judgement. I actually regard him as lower and more despicable than thatcher now, and that took some doing.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
How is getting rid of an evil tyrant a bad thing? I just don't see how anyone can be against the removal of Saddam Hussein. As for saying he was a bad Prime Minister, I'd rather have him in charge now than Cameron.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
How is getting rid of an evil tyrant a bad thing? I just don't see how anyone can be against the removal of Saddam Hussein. As for saying he was a bad Prime Minister, I'd rather have him in charge now than Cameron.

So why don't we remove a number of other tyrants? North Korea, Zimbabwe, Burma, to name but a few. And is it really worth all those British servicemen lives to remove a dictator who is not threatening the UK? I don't think so.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just listening to it at the moment. How JH can merely describe it as just another act of terror no different to hundreds of other previous events other than the fact they 'got a bit lucky'. Had the towers been fully occupied then it could have been 50,000. It would like be comparing the bombing of the Grand with a knee caping in northern Ireland.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So why don't we remove a number of other tyrants? North Korea, Zimbabwe, Burma, to name but a few. And is it really worth all those British servicemen lives to remove a dictator who is not threatening the UK? I don't think so.

Various reasons. North Korea are backed by the biggest country in the world and unless they are on board you are committing suicide. Mugabe appears to have local support from some neighbouring countries and in reality one would hope the other African nations should get involved. As for not threatening the UK, whether we like it or not, our economy and society is heavily reliant on oil and Saddam was a threat to the area and therefore a threat to our economy.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Difficult to see whether he was a worse PM than Gordon Brown or whether Gordon Brown was a worse PM than Twatty Blair or whether Alastair Darling was a worse Chancellor of the Exchequer than Gordon Brown or whether Gordon Brown was a worse Chancellor of the Exchequer than Alastair Darling.
All that is now evident after the revelations this week, that the whole New Labour Project was one of the worst things ever to hit this country. Probably irretrievable in both social and economic terms.

Blair also had us into conflicts we should never have been in.

Never ever want another Labour government. Never been a good one and don't want to test the theory again, thank you very much.

TNBA

TTF
Spot on

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
B.Liar should be in front of a War Crimes tribunal for his complicity in the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq. He cost the lives of untold thousands of people and has blood on his hands up to his armpits. Utterly shameful.
You missed out absolute shyster.

Sep 20, 2005
The alternative leaders before, during and after that time were Margaret Thatcher, John Major, Iain Duncan-Smith, William Hague, Michael Howard and David Cameron.

Do people think that any of them would have acted any differently from Tony Blair had they been in power when the President of the USA came knocking?

I'm not sure he really had much choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here