Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Carew,

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Moving to a championship club very soon, he has told local media in Norway. Birmingham and West Ham reported to be the interested parties. Will be a real class act in this division..Here's hopeing, ticks all the right boxes, except wages demands, one suspects???

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Forest? Lacking a bit of fire-power now Earnshaw & Tyson have left.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
While I think we have other areas to address more than another attacking player, I would be VERY happy with him as a signing. He could be someone who is virtually unplayable at Championship level. Let's face it, we were in great form when we showed up at the Britannia, and yet came nowhere near containing him. Stoke get a lot of stick for their style of play, but what I saw that day was a team with 2 very good wingers, and that serves him brilliantly. We have very good wingers, and while slinging endless crosses into teh box may not be Poyets plan A, it would be a cracking alternative.

He'll be a top signing for anyone in this division. I'd be VERY happy with that.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
And he is a " household name"..that would get the city buzzing....Although I think its buzzing already(just quoteing Gus)...Would think only the sides with prem parachute payments could afford him. But you never know, no one thought we would get CMS.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Are we gonna pay him anywehre near 40k a week? He's not going to be asking for less than that.

West Ham as replacement for Carlton Cole.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
would love to sign Carew but don't think it will be us somehow...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Sorry if i've missed something, as i've been away.... but aren't Birmingham completely financially f*cked for some reason or another? I'd read glimpses of the papers and seen news of firesales, possible liquidation, points reductions et all. Now they're being linked with a 40k p/w striker.

Sorry, but football has/is becoming a f*cking joke. They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near him.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Gay?! Hardly, the blokes a 'player' both on and off the pitch!
He would be a fantastic signing but I think wages would be a no no for us. Can see him at West Ham or easy move to Brum..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sorry if i've missed something, as i've been away.... but aren't Birmingham completely financially f*cked for some reason or another? I'd read glimpses of the papers and seen news of firesales, possible liquidation, points reductions et all. Now they're being linked with a 40k p/w striker.

Sorry, but football has/is becoming a f*cking joke. They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near him.

Didnt stop Pompey. Or Palace for that matter.

But completey agree with you.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
They don't know about John Carew,
They don't know what he do.

So Solid Carew

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here