Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Suspended by Newcastle "until further notice".

Would be interesting to see Barton in court again, but this time suing his employers.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think he should be suspended by his thumbs until further notice, quite honestly. The bloke is a complete tool.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Shirley by now the amount of clubs and managers willing to risk taking him on and who think that they can control that animal MUST be dwindling?

I think Alan Shearer is a dim-witted talking sphincter muscle of epic proportions: I cannot stand the man. But he's risen a lot in my estimation here - anyone less brave would have muttered something about "needing to have another look" or something in order to avoid fronting out that nobber.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Shirley by now the amount of clubs and managers willing to risk taking him on and who think that they can control that animal MUST be dwindling?

I think Alan Shearer is a dim-witted talking sphincter muscle of epic proportions: I cannot stand the man. But he's risen a lot in my estimation here - anyone less brave would have muttered something about "needing to have another look" or something in order to avoid fronting out that nobber.

Have to say Shearer has gone up in my estimations as well recently - not specifically to do with Barton, but having the balls to take on an (almost) impossible job ... I for one didn't think he had it in him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You'd like to think so. But there's always another easy pay day round the corner for the likes of Barton and Bellamy. No wonder they think they can behave exactly as they like.

Last week Shearer was placing a lot of faith in Barton, and that tackle and subsequent sending off was a bit much. There's no WAY Barton can seriously criticize AS after that!
He blew it, and with what was rather obviously a reckless tackle in a needless area of play.

I doubt Newcastle can even get anything for him, he's such a liability, but they should just dump him completely. He'd be a risk in the stiffs too, so he's basically useless to anyone.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Is Shearer qualified to pontificate about Barton's behaviour? I seem to remember Mary Poppins himsel kicking an opponent in the head on the pitch. Neil Lennon wasn't it?

You'd like to think so. But there's always another easy pay day round the corner for the likes of Barton and Bellamy. No wonder they think they can behave exactly as they like.

Does Bellamy even compare with Barton?
I don't know or recall what Bellamy has done, can anyone remind me?

I believe Bowyer has been the only one remotely comparable, and that was for things done off the pitch.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Barton clearly needs help, trouble is it's a bit hard to feel sorry for him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Does Bellamy even compare with Barton?
I don't know or recall what Bellamy has done, can anyone remind me?

I believe Bowyer has been the only one remotely comparable, and that was for things done off the pitch.

How about this from February 2007? ???

'Liverpool's preparations for Wednesday's Champions League game at Barcelona have been overshadowed by drunken misbehaviour on the Algarve. Craig Bellamy is facing a heavy fine and an uncertain future after a night out allegedly concluded with the forward using a golf club to attack his team-mate John Arne Riise.'

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How about this from February 2007? ???

'Liverpool's preparations for Wednesday's Champions League game at Barcelona have been overshadowed by drunken misbehaviour on the Algarve. Craig Bellamy is facing a heavy fine and an uncertain future after a night out allegedly concluded with the forward using a golf club to attack his team-mate John Arne Riise.'
Not great, but not in Joey Barton's league IMO.

Biggest tosser in football is Lee Bowyer. Barton is a close second. I can't think that Bellamy is even on the radar compared to these two.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here