Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton BANNED from the USA

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Cos he's a CRIM, and so can't go on Newcastle's tour of the States.

Pwopa Nawty!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Unlike this country where we let in loads of criminals, with the checks made by US border control if you have a record it's almost impossible to get in.......Cue jokes,I went through with Police record..."Walking on the moon") Lol!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm no Barton fan but what the hell do they think he's going to get up to, he's not looking to live out there.

Run someone over in his car breaking their legs? Stub a lit cigar out in someone's eye? Assault someone? Have an altercation with a 15 year old? Drop his trousers? Criminal damage? Affray? More assault? A Hitler salute? Invite his brother over?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Pwopa Nawty indeed.

We didn't let Snoop Dogg in once and Tyson was it? Probably for publicity as much as rules. They are much stricter though and actually consistent.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unlike this country where we let in loads of criminals, with the checks made by US border control if you have a record it's almost impossible to get in.......Cue jokes,I went through with Police record..."Walking on the moon") Lol!

Absolute BS, I know someone from the US with a working VISA here, and everytime they leave and come back in, they get grilled big time, much more so than we do going to the US.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The US.

I'm no Barton fan but what the hell do they think he's going to get up to, he's not looking to live out there.

And it's not like it works both ways now is it.

Eh?

Well at the moment our immigration's in a lot of press as we're making it incredibly hard for non-EU musicians or artists to get into the UK.

Also lots of USmusicians have been banned from entering the UK due to criminal records, like Busta Rhymes and Chris Brown. Martha Stewart's still banned I think

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Pretty pathetic really.

Really? His behaviour is an offense to decent people. As a "role model" to young children he is a total disgrace and NUFC are the pits for employing him. Good on ya USA

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Really? His behaviour is an offense to decent people. As a "role model" to young children he is a total disgrace and NUFC are the pits for employing him. Good on ya USA

Is he really a role model for young children?

How many parents say to their kids that they want them to be like Joey Barton when they grow up?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I feel its a right move, but he does appear to have turned his life around and is now doing alot of good work, i could think they could use his story in the states as a aid to help some of the trouble kids out there.

That said he made some rather sickening crimes, and ya have to live by that.

Lots of US stars have been banned from the UK.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Absolute BS, I know someone from the US with a working VISA here, and everytime they leave and come back in, they get grilled big time, much more so than we do going to the US.
So you know one person who says he has had a hard time getting into the UK and on that basis you say I posted absolute BS. I speak from personal experience from my trips to the US...Eyes scanned,fingerprints taken,why I'm in the country. One of our guys sent home on the plane we flew out on for having a record.Have you ever been to the States? How come this country lets in Muslim terrorist,hate preachers,muggers,robbers,murderers,then claim can't be deported because it's their 'Human Right' My mate from the States visits every two years as he is very much an Anglophile and he has no bother getting in the country...so not BS!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So you know one person who says he has had a hard time getting into the UK and on that basis you say I posted absolute BS. I speak from personal experience from my trips to the US...Eyes scanned,fingerprints taken,why I'm in the country. One of our guys sent home on the plane we flew out on for having a record.Have you ever been to the States? How come this country lets in Muslim terrorist,hate preachers,muggers,robbers,murderers,then claim can't be deported because it's their 'Human Right' My mate from the States visits every two years as he is very much an Anglophile and he has no bother getting in the country...so not BS!

Visit the US every other month, work with 4 people on working visas, friends with a few Americans also on working visas also. US is generally fine, fingerprints, photo, what are you here for / when are you going home? We are much more thorough

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Is he really a role model for young children?

How many parents say to their kids that they want them to be like Joey Barton when they grow up?

None in their right mind but what planet do you live on if you think children adopt role models based on what their parents say?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here