Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe O'Cearuill

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Can't now remember where I saw it but I'm sure I read that Joe O'C has now left Barnet to join some shit club in Ireland.

Whilst he was fairly shite for us I find it staggering that someone who Arsenal gave time too could fall so low so very quickly. Was/is he really that bad?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
yes - he was awful

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can't now remember where I saw it but I'm sure I read that Joe O'C has now left Barnet to join some shit club in Ireland.

Whilst he was fairly shite for us I find it staggering that someone who Arsenal gave time too could fall so low so very quickly. Was/is he really that bad?

Chelsea and Leon Knight?

Happens more often than not I guess.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
says on rep ireland u21 that he plays for st patricks now.. still only young bit harsh to say he is crap if getting into irish u21s. although never saw much of him at albion

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
says on rep ireland u21 that he plays for st patricks now.. still only young bit harsh to say he is crap if getting into irish u21s. although never saw much of him at albion

didnt stop people slagging henderson off - and he was in there full squad!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he was ok and would have been happy to have signed him but was suprised that he went to Barnet and evenmore so that he as dropped as low as the Irish League.

Mind you after playing for us Ross Flitney went to Barnett and now Grays, much the same standard.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I thought that he was ok and would have been happy to have signed him but was suprised that he went to Barnet and evenmore so that he as dropped as low as the Irish League.

Mind you after playing for us Ross Flitney went to Barnett and now Grays, much the same standard.

He's not playing in the virtually entirely amateur amateur Irish League (Northern Ireland), he's playing in the League of Ireland (Republic and Northern Ireland's only truely large team). Which if you meant that, you've not got a f***ing clue about the standard of :thud::thud:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
League of Ireland is about the level of the high end of League 1, and very, very few players leave anymore. Would you see League 2 teams (consistently) dumping the champions of Scandinavian leagues out of European tournaments? Eh, not a f***ing chance. The average League 2 team that does a tour of Ireland these days gets drubbed, even by the poor Division One teams.

Facilities wise, we've got the case where O'Callaghan is going to be playing in a rather nice, properly 4 sided 7500 all seater stadium which is located in the city; and O'Cearuil in a relatively decent 7000 (5000 seats) stadium in the heart of the residential district the club has always been based in, complete with club owned pub (open all year around). Sure beats Underhill.

1993 called, it wants you back.

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

The big premiership clubs tend to snap up any young prospect at an early age, most are released, or sold and very few make it into the team. They tend to have academies and take in 100's of youngsters, so it isn't surprising many don't turn out to be "up to scratch"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Like we did with Paul McCarthy and Roy Keane. Roy Keane went home after 2 weeks because he was homsick and Paul played for us for a few years before going to Wycombe and is now at Ebbfleet.

pineapple stu

Jan 29, 2008
League of Ireland is about the level of the high end of League 1, and very, very few players leave anymore. Would you see League 2 teams (consistently) dumping the champions of Scandinavian leagues out of European tournaments? Eh, not a f***ing chance. The average League 2 team that does a tour of Ireland these days gets drubbed, even by the poor Division One teams.

Facilities wise, we've got the case where O'Callaghan is going to be playing in a rather nice, properly 4 sided 7500 all seater stadium which is located in the city; and O'Cearuil in a relatively decent 7000 (5000 seats) stadium in the heart of the residential district the club has always been based in, complete with club owned pub (open all year around). Sure beats Underhill.

1993 called, it wants you back.
All wrong.

First off, Richmond has 3000 seats, not 5000, and is a hole. A good few players left Ireland this time last year to go to England and Scotland and as far as I can see, every one bar one (signed from UCD, of course :)) is now back - Bobby Ryan, Pat Kavanagh, Jason Byrne, George O'Callaghan, Danny Murphy, Trevor Molloy, even Stephen Kenny. They've all failed at English Division One or Two level, which means they're not of that level. Crowds are English Conference/Scottish Division One level, without the benefit of Sky Sports or Cup games at Anfield.

However, St Pat's aren't a shit Irish team, as noted in the first post. They'll be challening for the league this year, albeit losing a million in the progress.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You're a UCD fan, your opinions don't count - surely enough time on foot.ie has taught you that....

Also, you can't claim any LOI ground is a hole till you've seen Withdean. I've a feeling the IAG would probably refuse to let an A Championship team play there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here