Joe Hart will start against Egypt

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
at least we are not throwing him in to a must-win qualifier like last time

Hart, James and Robinson to take the three berths for the world cup

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The right decision imo, do feel a bit sorry for Green as he hasn't particularly done anything wrong.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I saw on the main page here as the most recent thread in the big board "Joe Hart will start against..." I got all excited thinking we'd signed him.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Good, along with James he's the best keeper we've got, James has had injury and the odd form problem this year, and Hart has looked fantastic this season and did a brilliant at the U21 tournament last summer

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like to see him at the WC and then as number 1 starting immediatly afterwards. He looks to be an all rounder keeper with a bright future and I hope he gets an extended run sooner rather than later.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Green has been pretty average this year, I wouldnt go near Foster as he has not played this year.

The best two keepers at Robbo and Hart by a mile.

I would then play russian roulette for third keeper as whoever we take is going to be rubbish, Maybe Lewis.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
FINALLY. I've been saying he will/should be number one, for over a year.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'll tell you i'd call up as well, Phil Neville. Now i've hated him for years but the last two seasons he's been brilliant at right-back and defensive midfield, and with Johnson being injured, Brown being out of form and no Hargreaves he'd fit in well

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
When's Fab announcing the squad? All the other home countries have announced theirs? The game's only next wed.
PG

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Is it in ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh Vienna??

Not been confirmed yet but looks like it'll be either Graz or Salzburg. Also talk that it would be on the Friday (29th) which if true is a pisstake given that a week later allot of people (myself included) will be off work for potentially 5 weeks in South Africa.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Not been confirmed yet but looks like it'll be either Graz or Salzburg. Also talk that it would be on the Friday (29th) which if true is a pisstake given that a week later allot of people (myself included) will be off work for potentially 5 weeks in South Africa.

Ive just seen somewhere on the internet that its in Vienna, hopefully thats true. It is a pisstake, you're right.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
They have also announced a Paraguayan referee for the Egypt match, in order to prepare the players for the world cup. In South Africa all referees will be 'continent neutral'.

No stone goes unturned in old fabio's search for perfection. I wonder if we'll have a penalty shoot out after any of the friendly matches? Sven wanted a shoot-out after the Jamaca game before the last world cup, in order to prepare the players for the pressure of a penalty shoot-out in a more realistic situation that a training ground. It didn't happen because the players were worried that opponenets would use a video of their penalties to prepare for the possibility of a penalty shoot out.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ive just seen somewhere on the internet that its in Vienna, hopefully thats true. It is a pisstake, you're right.

I actually meant the Friday 28th. However just had a look on the englandfans messageboard and it would seem the Japs have confirmed the game for the 30th which is a Sunday. Odd day to have it. No word on venue yet though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here