Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Gatting Is Not Hacking It

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are we allowed to be a bit critical after a damn fine win? No? Oh well.

Much as I love the new wizzy Albion 'scoring for fun' regime, I draw the line at Joe Gatting. Current managerial thinking seems to be 'hey, we're two goals up , or six goals up, let's throw Joe Gatting on. What's the worst that can happen?'. Sorry, but it don't wash. The bloke looks sluggish, he doesn't attack the ball like he should, and Cox, Revell and Jakey all look more full of running after eighty minutes than Gatting does after five minutes. It's a bit like when Chris McPhee came back from that extended injury. He never picked up the pace again.

No way to go, Joe :nono:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
very nearly cost us giving away that free kick , should of put ball in to the sportsman.

Often looks lazy but surely he hasnt scored shite loads at youth to be that bad . Hopefully come good , not seen much to suggest as much yet though

FEDUP

Oct 20, 2006
i thought he looked like he had only one gear and was very light weight?!?

when he gave away for the foul at the death, he should of just knocked the ball in to the massive open space and chase it down to waste time?

maybe he lacks a bit of confidence at the moment and is feeling under pressure due to the excellent form of rev and rob?

he's still young and has alot to learn and hopefully he will come good but on the performances ive seen him, im still not sure??

Shouldn't this thread be entitled, "Oh Sh*t, not Gatting!!!" :D

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
f***ing hell, the kid is 18 years old and played a handful of games. What a buch of bellends some Brighton fans are. Robinson looked arse for most of last season and got shit on here, some people never learn.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I think your right albion dan I was one who critised Robinson, I dont think its right to write gatting off yet maybe in two years time once his matured a bit and learnt the pro game.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Darius Henderson helped get Watford promoted
Chris Iwelumo flying at Colchester
Jake Robinson scoring for fun
Gifton Noel Williams scoring in the Cahmp.
Maccamon scored for Brizzle and against us.
CKR playing in the Prem.

What do the above all have in common? All slated by a section of NSC and all gone on to prove they were decent in the following season or so. When it comes to the clueless premature slagging of strikers NSC is fairly unbeatable.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Albion Dan said:
CKR playing in the Prem.

What do the above all have in common? All slated by a section of NSC and all gone on to prove they were decent in the following season or so. When it comes to the clueless premature slagging of strikers NSC is fairly unbeatable.

Hang on, i can't see the names Turienzo, Molango or McPhee on the list?

FEDUP

Oct 20, 2006
come to think of it lets slate some players that HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN REALLY SHITE over the years!!!!!!

David Adekola - remember his one game comedy act in the 90's!

Gatting has quite a long deal with us, doesn't he? So we might just have to hunker down and look forward to more "Oh Sh*t, not Gatting!!!" threads from Tom et al over the next few years.

What do people think about a loan deal for him? Robinson did well on his and the likes of Hammond and Virgo all went through them to aid their development.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Albion Dan said:
CKR playing in the Prem.

Darius Henderson played like a statue for us. Never chased a ball.

Chris Iwelumo was so-so.

Jakey was ALWAYS the messiah (apart from with the sneery rugger buggers who don't know what they're watching)

Gifton Noel Williams - see Chris Iwelumo

McCammon was, is and always will be, a trolley

CKR's an egotistic ponce who is hardly establishing himself in th e Premiership. Maybe, wwhen he can head the ball, aye?

Sorry, your point was? ???

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Gatting has quite a long deal with us, doesn't he? So we might just have to hunker down and look forward to more "Oh Sh*t, not Gatting!!!" threads from Tom et al over the next few years.

What do people think about a loan deal for him? Robinson did well on his and the likes of Hammond and Virgo all went through them to aid their development.
Three years.

I would ideally like to see him go out on loan (if we can fob Molango off on league clubs we cansurely manage it with Gatting) but it is not really possible right now, even if Bowditch is back soon he's still 4th in the pecking order (although I actually think Santos has not looked awful in his brief striking appearances :eek: ).

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Tom Hark said:

Sorry, your point was? ???

That you clearly cant judge a decent player to save your life as all of the above, with the exception of MM are better than us and would walk into our team based on current or recent form!!!

Though being a shit judge of a players potential and trying to detroy any confidence he may have is a speciality when it comes to Albion fans like you.

Last edited:

Silent Bob said:
Three years.

I would ideally like to see him go out on loan (if we can fob Molango off on league clubs we cansurely manage it with Gatting) but it is not really possible right now, even if Bowditch is back soon he's still 4th in the pecking order (although I actually think Santos has not looked awful in his brief striking appearances :eek: ).

Yes, I agree we can't spare Gatting at the moment. But perhaps when the loan window reopens we can have another go at signing a forward, someone like Sam Williams on the verge of breaking into a Premiership team but obviously unlike Sam Williams in actually being better than Gatting (sorry to mention SW again).

I think we need competition up front to sustain a move towards the top 6 as you can't realistically see Robinson/Revell avoiding injury or some temporary loss of form for the entire rest of the season. Then we can release Gatting to a League 2/Conference team and I think regular 90mins of football would do him a world of good, particularly given that they seem to have abolished Reserve games these days.

Last edited:

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
It was exactly the same as Jake last year. Totally useless some of you were saying. Give him time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Albion Dan said:
That you clearly cant judge a decent player to save your life as all of the above, with the exception of MM are better than us and would walk into our team based on current or recent form!!!

Though being a shit judge of a players potential and trying to detroy any confidence he may have is a speciality when it comes to Albion fans like you.

So what's the positives you've seen from Gatting this season hotshot? Cos from where I'm sat (H Block, row F) the team's looked to be carrying him evey time he's come on. And he's never risked until the game is supposedly safe. That's no basis for future development of the player. Or the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here