Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Case Benifit Match 1994

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm trying to find out the line up's for that game, I was there (aged 14) and I remember Matt Le Tisser playing for us (this is the bit my colleague doesn't believe) I remember Liam Brady coming on, were Steve Mcmanaman/Robbie Fowler/David James or Neil Ruddock playing for Liverpool? Anyone else I forgot? Thanks

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I remember going, but... that's about it I'm afraid!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
[yt]_k9aMUiOjIQ[/yt]

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
I remember this game, was sitting in the south stand and always remember fowler knocking one in, and yes, le tissier played for us! Got some stick too as I recall!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
didn't the Liverpool keeper get injured and have to retire after that?

I'm sure James played in goal for the majority of the game. When he was subbed he threw his gloves to the fans. The sub keeper went on and got injured after 5 mins. James had to go back in goal with gloves that didn't fit!

The Liverpool line-up was pretty strong, and I think Le Tiss did play for us, but I wouldn't swear to it.

When doing a google search I came up with this little nugget about Robbie Fowler on Anfield online:
Fowler is widely rumoured to have had a sexual liaison with Jo Bellotti, the wife of the chief executive of Brighton David Bellotti in the toilets of the Grand Hotel following a testimonial match for the former Liverpool and Brighton midfielder Jimmy Case.

Last edited:

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
1994?

Funny how the mind plays tricks on you as you get older. Could have sworn I was about 20 when this game was played. Turns out I was 10 years out lol. The thing I remember about this game was standing in a full North Stand (with room to move, unlike a few years before when we were all squeezed in) and a tannoy announcement asking us due to overfilling and H&S not to jump about.

Oh how times had changed.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
I'm sure James played in goal for the majority of the game. When he was subbed he threw his gloves to the fans. The sub keeper went on and got injured after 5 mins. James had to go back in goal with gloves that didn't fit!

The Liverpool line-up was pretty strong, and I think Le Tiss did play for us, but I wouldn't swear to it.

When doing a google search I came up with this little nugget about Robbie Fowler on Anfield online:
Fowler is widely rumoured to have had a sexual liaison with Jo Bellotti, the wife of the chief executive of Brighton David Bellotti in the toilets of the Grand Hotel following a testimonial match for the former Liverpool and Brighton midfielder Jimmy Case.

Indeed, a popular terrace ditty celebrated the event. "He shagged your wife, he shagged your wife, Fowler shagged your wife..."

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Bit of a bind this,I have a programme from nearly every testomonial game played at the Goldstone but not this one. Although I was there.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Cant Remember who played, i was 8, but i do remember me and my mate standing just behind the goal. When the teams came out David James went to kick the ball in the goal from the halfway line, just missed and hit my mate plum in the face and his nose exploded. James came over apologised, got him out the crowd and took him to the Liverpool physio in the changing rooms. He also gave him his gloves and signed them to say sorry.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I was there, remember Le Tiss wondering around in an Albion shirt, was quite a surreal site really.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
John Byrne played (and scored) and was probably the best player on the park

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I think Lee Jones scored for Liverpool

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Found the Liverpool team: