Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Jason Manford at The Forge

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apologies for being late to the party but was taken by a mate to see Jason Manford at The Forge last night (the second of his three night engagement there)

Never been to the venue before, really like it, and as for night, superb stuff, Manford effectively trying out new material (with a check list) for his forthcoming tour, a concept I’ve never really seen before, but it clearly works.

Steven Grant kicked the night off, the support act (Like a Yorkshire Johnny Vegas) was brilliant, then Manford came on around 9 and did well over an hour, ticking most of his ‘new act’.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:lolol: :lolol:

Manford is absolutely box office, Mrs Crod and I love hum. A man of many talents too, from his gig on the One Show and now he's the new head teacher in Waterloo Road.

A national institution.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I grew to like Manford from his lockdown YouTube streams, specifically where he played the entirety of one of my favourite games “Broken Sword”. He’s quite witty and inoffensive.

However, I do wish he would stop popping up in my other big love than the Albion, musical theatre. He obviously loves singing and performing in them, the problem is he’s just not that good and is used more as stunt casting.

Overall though I like him.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I really like Manford. No offensive jokes just observational humour. I like some really offensive comedians as well but not always.
Agreed, take his personal life out of it, he is a blast, saw him about twenty years ago at the comedy store in Manchester, boy did he take the piss out of Wiganers, it was hilarious.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Going tonight
Me too - seen him before and enjoy his standup.

As for the Forge, we go there regularly for both 'normal' tours as well as work in progress gigs. Steve also arranged the comedy nights at Brighton Open Air Theatre which are well organised.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
'Work in progress' nights are a great way of seeing comedians you'd normally be paying megabucks to see. Funnily enough Manford is one I've yet to see.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Was really good last night. Anyone catch the name of the guy who was the support act? Was really good as well

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not seen much of his standup but if his radio show is anything to go by, not my cup of tea.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Was really good last night. Anyone catch the name of the guy who was the support act? Was really good as well
The support was Scott Bennett. I saw him at The Forge last year on his last tour and it was really good and would recommend catching his upcoming tour.

He also did a short Live At The Apollo slot which is probably online or will be on Dave again soon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'Work in progress' nights are a great way of seeing comedians you'd normally be paying megabucks to see. Funnily enough Manford is one I've yet to see.
Seen Henning Wehn at the Betsey Trotwood 4 or 5 times* trying out new material. He's tried out a few jokes that would 'get me put in jail if I told them in the Fatherland'. I remember one of his tours had the provisional title of 'my struggle'.

(* I should add him to my list of famous people I've shaken hands with and exchanged a few words.)

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I have seen First World Problems 4 or 5 times and it is one of the best comedy sets i have ever seen , and it will make me laugh just as much the next time i watch it , simply brilliant , such a likeable guy .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lolol: :lolol:

Manford is absolutely box office, Mrs Crod and I love hum. A man of many talents too, from his gig on the One Show and now he's the new head teacher in Waterloo Road.

A national institution.

I love the way the multi-millionaire jokes about the prices of a pint down south. Although he can afford to buy every pub he goes in, he remains so connected to his roots that he can't even buy a pint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here