Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jarrett Gets Three Year Contract

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
According to Argus this morning, 19 year old Albert Jarrett has been given a 3 year contract. The "lightening fast" left winger is expected to sign on Saturday.

He was recommended to the Albion by Lewes manager Steven King . Mark Mc Ghee said (I like this bit) "My chief scout at Milwall said that he was looking not for peoples cast-off's, but their mistakes. We hope Albert is one of those"

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If true good news, I still think Jones will start on the left hand side though for the moment.

Last edited:

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Haven't seen him play but, from what everyone else has said about him, could be a great signing

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Certainly looked the best player on the pitch at Stevenage. McGhee seems happy to give long term contracts to young players which is encouraging as they will improve with us and will not all leave if we are relegated.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Finchley Seagull said:
Certainly looked the best player on the pitch at Stevenage. McGhee seems happy to give long term contracts to young players which is encouraging as they will improve with us and will not all leave if we are relegated.

Happy Birthday Finchley!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Nice, 3 years for another youngster, I like it.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Should give Mayo and Jones the kick up the arse they have been needing. Even if we go down this season it will mean we have a great squad to come back up again.

I was very impressed with Jarrett Against Southend the other night. But i don't know why we have extended Zombor whatshis face trial. Against Southend he looked the worst player on the field.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I like the fact we've signed two young players with great potential.
still I'd like to see a couple of experienced pro's come in a la Rodger and Blackwell as our squad is rather young and/or inexperienced at this level.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think if we get Nicolas then McGhee has pretty much ahieved what everybody was asking of him at the end of the season. A wide player, another midfielder, a striker. Just a couple of laonees and we are there.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If true this is fantastic news, great pace and skill, i'm not messing when i say this lad can get from 0-60 quicker than a ferrari!

He will cause lots of right backs problems this season and i personally would stick him straight into the starting 11, perhaps moving Jonah to left back.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
i'm quietly impressed with the type of players mcghee has brought or tried to bring in, both molango and jarrett are young, pacy and skillful which is exactly what we've been lacking of late. i'm not too keen on the Hungarian bloke, so i'd go for a young loanee. the bigger the better, preferably over 6' 3".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here