Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Oliver - Well f***ing done

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
How does everybody here feel about Jamie Oliver now?
I remember a lot of people thinking him to be a right prick not long ago for no real reason. Well, now he's manage to get the government to raise the budget for school dinners to 50p for Primary schools and 60p for secondary schools pretty much single handed. You've got to give it to the bloke, that's one hell of an achievement. Also on the episode of Jamie's School Dinners he quite openly said that he thought Bill Clinton was a 'wanker' which earns him a lot of respect in my book.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4391695.stm

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you'd asked me a couple of months ago I'd have said he was an overexposed, jumped-up mockney twat who sells baked beans for about a tenner.

But fair play to the fat-tongued one, he's done his image no end of good with that series, and something really positive has come out of it all.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What a man. To drive that through the treacle of inertia as he did demands respect.

However ....... watch the government water this down to providing twizzlers and a bit of lettuce. If this leads to all schools getting the menu's in place at that Greenwich school I will eat a box full of smileys.

GREAT WORK ON THE SCHOOL DINNERS FRONT. HE HIGHLIGHTED A NATIONAL DISGRACE IN TERMS OF
1. THE LOW AMOUNT OF MONEY WE SPEND ON OUR KIDS DINNERS AND
2. THE CRAP THEY PRESENTLY EAT.

IN ADDITIONAL HE RUNS TWO RESTAURANTS WHICH TRAIN UP YOUNG UNEMPLOYED, SOCIALLY EXCLUDED ETC. AT LEAST ONE IS IN MY BOROUGH. GREAT WORK AGAIN.

BUT THE BLOKE IS POSH, HE HAD A GREAT EDUCATION IN A GREAT SCHOOL. AT THE TIME ACCORDING TO MY FRIENDS HE HAD NO ACCENT. SO WHY PRE-T(R)END OTHERWISE. YOU'RE NOT WORKING CLASS MATE AND BECAUSE YOU PRETEND YOU ARE, THE NATION FEELS YOU ARE A DORK.

YOU'VE GOT NOTHING TO PROVE, STICK TO YOU'RE GOOD WORK AND LOSE THAT ACTORS "EAST ENDERS" ACCENT.

GOD BLIMEY GUV.

LC:clap:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The only thing I ever disliked about JO is those crap Sainsbury's adverts. I like the way he came across in that "15" series and he seems very honest.

He's a grafter and one of life's doers. I like that.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Chesney Christ said:
Why?

Never had a problem with the guy myself.

When i worked at Penguin, i had an 8ft cut-out of him staring at me for 6 months. It's a difficult thing to get beyond.

And sometimes, i don't like how he keeps going on about how his projects might ruin his marriage. If that's the case, bloody well stop and go home to your wife and kids. Please.

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
i'll gladly tip my sombrero in mr fat tongue's direction, but not in that of the government. this election build up is such a crock of shit, cheap vote grabbing all round.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Codner's Crackpipe said:
i'll gladly tip my sombrero in mr fat tongue's direction, but not in that of the government. this election build up is such a crock of shit, cheap vote grabbing all round.
Indeed, but this is democracy in action. You have to admire Oliver's persistence and I see nothing wrong in a government spotting a cheap votewinner if it's genuinely in the nation's interest.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
He has done a cracking job highlighting problem and it just shows what can happen before an election, but it does not end there. Some school dinners are serverd by private companies and private companies like to make lots of £££££ so this means they will still continue to sell bad foods becuase its easier and cheaper to prepare. Why dont the goverment take these meals back in house, school dinners should not be a profit making scheme.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Simster said:
Indeed, but this is democracy in action. You have to admire Oliver's persistence and I see nothing wrong in a government spotting a cheap votewinner if it's genuinely in the nation's interest.

Spot on, that is philanthropy in action; use any possible means/influence/opportunity to get what's needed for the greater good.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Simster said:

................ but they will do enough to get it off the headlines, then the vested interests will move in with turkey and tomato twizzlers and we are back to square one.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dick Knights Mum said:
................ but they will do enough to get it off the headlines, then the vested interests will move in with turkey and tomato twizzlers and we are back to square one.
But you could say that about any policy.

The fact is, the money has been made available - it's up to parents to make sure the quality of their kids food remains higher.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Twizzler could replace 'Binner' as the new insult of choice on here. Not that I've ever understood what binner meant.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Tooting Gull said:
I think Twizzler could replace 'Binner' as the new insult of choice on here. Not that I've ever understood what binner meant.

That, Tooting Gull, makes you a BINNER.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here