Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Boyd 1977-2012, AITC, Minutes applause at the Amex tomorrow

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Club Statement

It is with great sadness that Brighton & Hove Albion reports the tragic death of Jamie Boyd, one the club's Albion in the Community coaches.

Speaking on behalf of the club, Andy Stoodley, who worked with Jamie on a day-to-day basis for AITC, said, "Our thoughts are with Jamie's family and friends at this time.

"Jamie was a hugely popular coach and player and many of those involved in local Sussex football will be devastated by his very tragic and sudden death."

Jamie was 35 and lived in Eastbourne with his wife Michelle and their three children Jasmin, Billy and Scarlet.

A keen footballer he was always involved with playing football for various local clubs.

He was actively involved with coaching youth football and started working for Albion in the Community in 2007, quickly becoming a key figure in the development of AITC schemes running in East Sussex.

Mr Stoodley continued, "Jamie was a character and always had a smile on his face. The kids who came to the courses loved his sessions and responded to his effervescent character.

"He had the ability to bring out the best in all he came into contact with. Jamie and I became very close friends, and we worked alongside each other on many courses in schools and clubs, as well as development centres and holiday courses in East Sussex.

"As his knowledge and understanding grew, he decided he wanted to climb the coaching ladder at the club and went on to do his Level 2 and the highly regarded Uefa B coaching badges.

"As normal with Jamie, he succeeded in achieving this goal gaining these after a lot of hard work and he later started working in the elite performance centres for AITC.

"He assisted on tours for youth tournaments to Sweden, Denmark and Holland as well as coaching at Sussex Downs College for the development squads there.

"Jamie was a key coach for AITC and was the head coach for the Eastbourne, Seaford and Hailsham area. He was also involved with coaching at Eastbourne Borough, where he was also held in equally high regard.

"This is a very sad time for local football in East Sussex, as so many at both youth and senior levels will be devastated by Jamie's passing. I am sure it will be felt around the Eastbourne area for a very long time.

"Jamie's family have asked Albion in the Community to pass on their heartfelt thanks for all the messages of support and condolence at this very traumatic time."

The club will hold a minute's applause ahead of tomorrow night's match against Watford, and the team will wear black armbands in Jamie's honour.

0,,10433~10739650,00.jpg

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Rip Jamie, thoughts with his family

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How awful, condolences to his wife and children, his family and everyone at AITC.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Boydy Boydy Boydy

R.i.p fella, met him a couple of times, good man he was, thoughts are with friends and family.

Albion Rob

RIP Jamie.

I knew him a bit as he went to my school (before I got there) and came back and did some coaching during the summer holidays. I always remember him saying the highlight of his time playing football (and bearing in mind he was probably about 20 at the time) was playing for Eastbourne United in one of the qualifying rounds of the FA Cup. His point being that even though it's a long way from Wembley he was taking part in theory competing to lift that famous cup.

His wife was also in my form class at secondary school. Doesn't seem quite real that someone you know/knew can have this happen to them.

As said further up, I hope we can make some sort of contribution to Jamie's family during what will inevitably be a difficult period financially.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Terrible - thoughts and prayers with his family. Would be a great gesture for NSC to club together and do something - count me in.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Been coaching my boy for nearly 3 years. One of the good guys. RIP fella, you will be missed

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
RIP Jamie, very sad news and condolences to your family

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Tragic, a man who tried to help those who needed it - too young, and too good a man to deserve to die. RIP.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here. I worked with Jamie a few times and could not say a bad word about him and I know a few of the younger players in the squad knew him and will be thinking the same as I am. Absolutely shocked when I heard the news.

RIP mate.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Horrific news. RIP another one of our own :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here