• Sub

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
McGhee said after the Leicester game that Jake Robinson "showed where he is good and again where he is not quite ready". Personally I think he is ready and should have been in the team some time ago.

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
I agree, I think he is ready and he is more use than McPhee or McCammon. I think he'd compliment either Virgo or Knight up front just needs to be given a run and chance to prove he is ready.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Jakey is a very good player that is still improving......the best place to continue this is on the pitch,not the bench.
Play him from the start, he looks a dangerous player:clap2: :clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Next season he should be an ever present. Perhaps he is better coming off the bench for now.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Sub for me im afraid at the moment.

Have heard everone saying that he changed the game today when he came on.This is just what we need.Someone who can come off the bench when things are not going our way and make a difference.
I fear if he starts a game he might be good for 20/30 mins until the opposition defenders get heavy with him.

In our position at the moment its much better to have the big guys on from the start and have Jakey in reserve if we need to give them something else to think about.

I think he is going to be a great player for us,but im worried some people on here are building him up far too much.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
junior said:
Sub for me im afraid at the moment.

Have heard everone saying that he changed the game today when he came on.This is just what we need.Someone who can come off the bench when things are not going our way and make a difference.
I fear if he starts a game he might be good for 20/30 mins until the opposition defenders get heavy with him.

In our position at the moment its much better to have the big guys on from the start and have Jakey in reserve if we need to give them something else to think about.

I think he is going to be a great player for us,but im worried some people on here are building him up far too much.

my thoughts exactly

him coming off the bench when the opposition are tiring with 20 minutes left is just what we've needed this season, but haven't had

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Jakey did enough to convience me today that he derserves a place.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
He certainly deserves a place with Knight out. Mcghee's original excuse was that he was too similar a player to Knight but since he's been playing on the wing why not play Jake and Virgo (or god forbid an actual second striker like Mcphee) up front.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Needs to treat him with kid gloves.

Very good player and has a great future but use in moderation at present otherwise burn out.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Beach Hut said:
Needs to treat him with kid gloves.

Very good player and has a great future but use in moderation at present otherwise burn out.

Yeah, young players shouldn't play regularly. Look at Owen (when he first broke into the Liverpool team), Rooney, Wright-Phillips etc. Rubbish.

Oct 9, 2003
I Think maybe sub again next week, but if he comes off the bench and puts in a performance similar to sat could push for a starting role v West Ham.

Think he could be valuable over the run in either starting or as McGhee seems likely to use him as an impact player off the bench.

Trust McGhee......im sure he is just trying to look after the lad and keep his feet on the ground..

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why do we need someone to come on and change a game? Surely it would be better to play him and be 2v0 by then?

I am convinced if he had played a bigger part this season he would have 10 plus goals.

We need someone who is going to sniff around the box and stick away chances which Jake will do. Does not matter how old you are, if you can stick the ball in the net then that is all that matters.

I would rather have Jake be muscled off the ball 20 times in one game and tuck away the winner then McCammon trundle about on the pitch and never look like scoring.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Why do we need someone to come on and change a game? Surely it would be better to play him and be 2v0 by then?

because say at burnley they got another dodgy penalty, which is quite likely, and we need to change it to get back in the game. mccammon coming off the bench to change it - don't think so

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You wouldn't bother with subs then Richie.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes I would bother with subs, dont be pedantic. I just dont see why we should leave someone on the bench just in case we need the game changing.

If he is good enough to come on and change the game then he is good enough to have a massive imput on it from the start...why waste him on the bench?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Scotty M said:
because say at burnley they got another dodgy penalty, which is quite likely, and we need to change it to get back in the game. mccammon coming off the bench to change it - don't think so
I THINK YOU'RE WRONG ON THIS ONE.
Jakey is at his best when the ball is played to feet and that is when we are at our best(remember Spurs?) but if things aren't going well and route one football takes over (as it normally does) then bringing McCammon off the bench would be ideal as he is big, strong, but lacks the fitness reqd for 90mins, and say 30 mins of him at 100% would be better.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Richie is the Freddy Kreuger of NSC. Every time we think he has been killed off after yet another flounced retirement he keeps coming back.......a bit like syphillis.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Did anyone see the United game? Fergie left Ronaldo, Rooney and Van Nistlerooy on the bench...

I guess he thought they could come on and change the game if they needed to.

That worked well.

We should start Robinson, play the ball into him, get him running at defenders and sniffing around the box and then if things are not working chuck on McCammon for a 20 minute burst meaning he wont be able to get tired and can try and bulldoze teams and hopefully take some more attention off Jake.

Robinson actually looked like he was reading flick ons and anticipating passes etc, which is something none of our other forwards has managed this season.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Richie Morris said:

Robinson actually looked like he was reading flick ons and anticipating passes etc, which is something none of our other forwards has managed this season.

I'll agree with this bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here