Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Robinson on Saturday

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Budgie said:
why not loan him out for a month - we've got enough cover as Benjamin's here

I doubt any Nationwide club would take and play a 17 year old with barely a first team start under his belt, unless he's David Beckham. Would we if it was some kid from another club? Course not. He might as well stay here, keep training, keep getting the sub appearances in.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
fleet said:
The sadest thing was when at half time he went in on a 50:50 and looked like he would break his leg and take off the head of our only other fit keeper! Didn't look like the most mature act of all time.

I saw that ! What a fuckin bizarre thing to do in training :dunce:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Who said Jake looked frightened when he was down nr the corner flag with Carlisle, etc. I was pretty close, and I thought he looked very composed. He won us a throw/corner, if memory serves. If losing on Saturday means that McGhee's gonna give the youngsters more of a run-out, then hurrah for that - first time in about 7 years we haven't been going for promotion or fighting off relegation, so let's do something constructive and not worry about whether it was a bleedin' penalty or not.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
harold robbins said:
I was assuming that at his age he may still be growing. If not, I`d be worried....with a few exceptions (like Leon) very few strikers of that size make it.

You can add Peter Ward and Maradona to that list!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We are hardly out of the play-off picture yet... we should not play too many youngsters (unless they are our best option - El-Abd and Harding/Hammond) until it is mathematically impossible for us to make the top 6...

Agree with the last 10-15 minutes experience thing tho'...

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Crabtree - I think youll find that Gandalf said 'even the smallest people can shape the future......' er, I'll get me coat - but it was a damn fine film eh?!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Jake is a terrific prospect and we should nurture and develop him with care. I see no problem with bringing Jake on for the last 10-15 mins of a game to give him experience of life in Div 2. If he does well, and is not over-awed by the occasion, we could then think about bringing him on earlier. If Leon is on the pitch, perhaps Jake could play on the wing? Lots of wingers are small - ultimately skill is the key not an individual's height or build.

:wave:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here