Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Robinson on Saturday

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
I couldnt help but feel sorry for poor Jake on Saturday. The rain jacket they gave him was absolutely huge and swamped him. He also had his shirt tucked into his shorts for presumably for the same reason. When he was warming up, it was the first time I had seen him up close and I had no idea how small he is - the QPR sub he was talking to looked more like his dad!.

But joking aside, I thought he gave a good account of himself. With a bit more height and weight hes got enormous potential.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
harold robbins said:
I couldnt help but feel sorry for poor Jake on Saturday. The rain jacket they gave him was absolutely huge and swamped him. He also had his shirt tucked into his shorts for presumably for the same reason. When he was warming up, it was the first time I had seen him up close and I had no idea how small he is - the QPR sub he was talking to looked more like his dad!.

But joking aside, I thought he gave a good account of himself. With a bit more height and weight hes got enormous potential.

he is not ready yet

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
.......and by giving him 15 or 20 minutes every other week he will get there. He will learn far more playing for 15 minutes in the first team than a full game in the reserves. Why do you think Yeates and Rehman were here and why Man Utd sent Beckham on loan to Preston

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's a tough one but yes Nelson you have a point, he's not really ready but it can't do any harm to give him a few minutes here and there but what he really needs is 3 steaks a day and some creatine!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
harold robbins said:

So how are we gonna make him taller? How much taller could he grow?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
At one point he was battling for the ball in the corner right in front of where I was standing and he looked completley overwelmed by the occasion, must have been nervewracking coming on in front of such a huge noisy crowd against SHittu and Carlisle

As mentioned above though, it is all good practice. he should get 10-15 minutes at the end of a game to build him up to get used to full team games.

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
I was assuming that at his age he may still be growing. If not, I`d be worried....with a few exceptions (like Leon) very few strikers of that size make it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Wilko said:
As mentioned above though, it is all good practice. he should get 10-15 minutes at the end of a game to build him up to get used to full team games.

agreed, I always enjoy seeing the youth coming through the ranks, that goes for all the youth lot we have. Once our promotion battle is over (as in we miss the play offs! ) then I reckon play a good few youngsters to get them ready for next season.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Wasn,t Zamora rejected by one club cos he was too small now look at him!! You never Jakey might have a few growth spurts to go yet.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Jake Robinson on Saturday

Downloaded Penguin said:
So how are we gonna make him taller? How much taller could he grow?

Males don't stop growing until they're 22.

Then they grow outwards :D

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I stopped growing when I was 12 :glare:

But I love being short...as Gandalf said in Lord Of The Rings:

"Short people have the power to change the future..."

I actually raised my fist and cheered in the cinema when he said that :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Funnily enough so did I (stop growing when I was 12)
I am 5'6" so I was head and shoulders taller than all the other girls at the time and like a beanpole.

I hated it (although I was good at netball)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You have to give him the chance I say.

I know its different but we have a 15yr old lad who plays with us on a saturday, its his first year in Mens football and hes an awesome player.

He got 4 more on saturday and has something like 20 odd goals in about 10 appearances.
Each week he gets better and better and will only improve with each game.

Lush

Mods' Pet
As I said on another thread, I'm sure he would get more chances if it wasn't for the fact that little Leon is such a regular in the side. You just can't play both short-arses for the whole game. Same goes for Marney.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Budgie said:
why not loan him out for a month - we've got enough cover as Benjamin's here

No way, and no we haven't.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The sadest thing was when at half time he went in on a 50:50 and looked like he would break his leg and take off the head of our only other fit keeper! Didn't look like the most mature act of all time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here