We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
article-2186274-1477F65B000005DC-302_634x480.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I cannot believe people get upset when somebody who wins a brilliant, maybe unexpected, Gold Medal, pick up the flag of GB and the flag of Wales.

Its a bit early really, you need to wait until Monday morning for the "well it was a bit crap those Olympics, I said they would be for the last 8 years"

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Her dobok has "WTF" on it. That was my first thought.

Lolz

But yes I would SMASH INTO her even if the Taekwon at the olympics is the "gay" WTF version.

USE YOUR HANDS...oh you cant first kick wins crap.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No. Do you REALLY see someone picking up the Welsh flag AND Union flag as a major issue?
no, but do you reckon there would've been the usual "they're arrogant" anti-english rhetoric had a high profile english athlete like jessica ennis had picked up an english flag as well as a union jack ? lets not get into a slanging match, its a genuine question and its my birthday !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
no, but do you reckon there would've been the usual "they're arrogant" anti-english rhetoric had a high profile english athlete like jessica ennis had picked up an english flag as well as a union jack ?

No, I don't. Even if she had picked up a YORKSHIRE flag (as long as it was AS WELL as a GB one) that would have been fine. Why shouldn't people be proud of their roots?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, I don't. Even if she had picked up a YORKSHIRE flag (as long as it was AS WELL as a GB one) that would have been fine. Why shouldn't people be proud of their roots?

Yorkshire isn't a country of the UK last time I checked. I didn't say she shouldn't be proud of her roots whatsoever - that wasn't the point I was making.

Jeez maybe we should just let the flag thing go and congratulate her on the win (wish i'd never given my opinion now!)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

i get slated on her being proud of my roots..LOL

seriously brilliant effort by her

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I cannot believe people get upset when somebody who wins a brilliant, maybe unexpected, Gold Medal, pick up the flag of GB and the flag of Wales.

Its a bit early really, you need to wait until Monday morning for the "well it was a bit crap those Olympics, I said they would be for the last 8 years"

Sorry, I don't want my comments to be misconstrued. I am VERY proud of all our athletes and have LOVED the olympics right from the buiild up to the opening ceremony. I was just posting a grievance which is my opinion - it didn't spoil the moment for me. Apologies. (ps - it's normal for the Scots and Welsh to be needlessly tinpot anyway :lol: )

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would any of us leave The Martlets on the floor and only pick up The Union flag?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
well done to the TKD UK federation for omitting Cook.

Worked out well that one. Morons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here