Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jackson trys to ban Eminem's new video

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Michael Jackson has asked TV stations to stop playing Eminem's new video, which ridicules the pop legend, saying it is "outrageous and disrespectful".

Eminem dresses as Jackson for the Just Lose It video, and is shown on a bed with young boys. His nose also falls off and his hair catches fire.

"It is one thing to spoof but it is another to be demeaning and insensitive," Jackson said.

US cable's Black Entertainment Network is the only channel to ban it so far.

The song and video make references to Jackson's looming trial on 10 child abuse charges, which he denies.

Come here little kiddies on my lap
Guess who's back with a brand new rap
And I don't mean rap as in a new case
Of child investigation accusate
Eminem - Just Lose It
Eminem - Just Lose It

Timeline: 25th anniversary of first rap hit
They also poke fun at his reputed plastic surgery and an accident while filming a Pepsi commercial in 1984 when Jackson's hair caught fire.

"I am very angry at Eminem's depiction of me in his video," Jackson told Los Angeles radio host Steve Harvey, according to a transcript from the singer's publicist.

"I've admired Eminem as an artist, and was shocked by this.

"The video was inappropriate and disrespectful to me, my children, my family, and the community at large."

Black Entertainment Television (BET) president Robert Johnson said he felt it was inappropriate to disparage a celebrity.

A spokesman for the network told BBC Radio Five Live their decision was "partly out of respect for the relationship we've had with Michael over the years".

Jackson added: "It is my hope that the other networks will take BET's lead and pull it."

Eminem's spokesperson would only said he was "sorry" at BET's decision.

The song includes lyrics such as "Come here little kiddies on my lap" and "I've done touched on everything but little boys/ That's not a stab at Michael/ That's just a metaphor".

The video also sends up Madonna, Pee Wee Herman and MC Hammer.

Last year, the rap star made fun of Jackson's baby-dangling incident at a Berlin hotel.

Eminem came out to his hotel room balcony in Glasgow, wearing a black and white tracksuit and a surgical mask, and threw a baby doll in the air.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:lolol: bloody funny video though

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
REDLAND said:
US cable's Black Entertainment Network is the only channel to ban it so far.

right...so they want to get rid of racism in the US?....nope I dont get it! :glare:

As for Enimemem...he can f*** off anyway, leave the King Of Pop ALONE :jester:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I see nothing wrong with the video, but I wish they'd ban that song as its f***ing AWFUL. By far the worst thing Eminem has ever done.

He used to have style back in the days of I just don't give a f*** and Any Man, but now he just pumps out mediocre pop shit. Not impressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here