Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just started the new season (3) of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime and loving it. I thought season 1 was brilliant- Season 2 maybe not quite as good, so have really been looking forward to it. I love all Tom Clancy’s books and the dramatisations are generally really good.

Anyone else really into Tom Clancy, read his books, seen his other stuff (Red October? Executive Orders? Clear and Present Danger?) and in particular is enjoying the Jack Ryan series on Amazon?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I've really enjoyed the Jack Ryan series on Amazon, but every so often I find myself having to forget that's Jim from The Office being a badass. It's a bit like if they cast Martin Freeman as James Bond.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tried to watch series 3.

Spent most of the time saying:-

"Shhhhiiiiiiitttttttttttt"

Rather took me out of the programme.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Just started the new season (3) of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime and loving it. I thought season 1 was brilliant- Season 2 maybe not quite as good, so have really been looking forward to it. I love all Tom Clancy’s books and the dramatisations are generally really good.

Anyone else really into Tom Clancy, read his books, seen his other stuff (Red October? Executive Orders? Clear and Present Danger?) and in particular is enjoying the Jack Ryan series on Amazon?
Someone REALLY needs to make a movie of ‘Red Storm Rising’. TC’s greatest work IMO.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Tried to watch series 3.

Spent most of the time saying:-

"Shhhhiiiiiiitttttttttttt"

Rather took me out of the programme.
It’s very topical!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I found Series 3 the same as 1 and 2 - just goes on too long, becomes boring and I don't finish the series. I feel it's Krasinski, he's just too dull and miscast in the role imho.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
These channels (Amazon Prime, Netflix etc) churn out so much formulaic crap to fill our screens but this has remained one of the better series theyve produced. Never watched the US "The Office" so never even saw Krasinski in anything before. Wendell Pierce is particularly good in these.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Tried Season 4 but it really is bloody awful. This series had promise but has just got worse and worse in terms of acting and plot lines, despite some big names and budget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here