Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've just bet my Pompey supporting mate...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
That we'll finish above them this season. £10 stake (no odds he wins £10 if Pompey finish higher). Easy money or foolhardy wager?

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Got a chance of happening I suppose , see what state we're in after the Jan transfer window really.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I did the same for 20 squid with a Pompey supporting colleague at the beginning of the season.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I wish I had pompey supporting mates... I reckon you should have upped the stakes somewhat... I can't see them finishing anywhere near us this season, or in the foreseeable future!

Easy money coming your way IMHO!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ive got 50 nicker that we are above leeds end of season(not in a hells chance imo)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At the start of the season I bet a southampton supporter £50 that we would finish above them this season. Stupid.
Now that is a mug's bet. We've finished above them ONCE in 50 years, and that was only by one place!

One of my best mates and half my family are Stains. If I did that every year, it would be like paying two mortgages. :nono:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Now that is a mug's bet. We've finished above them ONCE in 50 years, and that was only by one place!

One of my best mates and half my family are Stains. If I did that every year, it would be like paying two mortgages. :nono:

I know but with finished champions I thought we would carry on momentum into the Championship, not saying I thought we would go up but do quite well. The addition of CMS made me also think that we would score plenty of goals.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've got a similar £20 bet with an Ipswich mate. Going to go to the wire that one, I reckon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've got a similar £20 bet with an Ipswich mate. Going to go to the wire that one, I reckon.
Yep, wouldn't want to call that one - or [MENTION=1518]empire[/MENTION] 's Leeds bet for that matter.

I doubt Albion will lose a game 7-1 away or indeed 5-0 at home this season.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I also had a bet with a work mate (Spurs fan) at the start of the season.
He bet me £50 that we would finish outside the top ten!
After a few games everyone told him he was mad, then last month he was looking quite smug, he is still confident.
Even though it is a hard league I have confidence in Gus.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
ive got 50 nicker that we are above leeds end of season(not in a hells chance imo)

Not so sure about that. Could be closer than you think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here