Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've just been to my first football game in THREE years.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It was alright.

F.C Tokyo Vs. Cerezo Osaka.

F.C Tokyo went into the game sitting in mid-table with a very average 8 wins, 3 draws and 9 defeats from their opening 20 games. They were up against the divisions whipping boys thogh, in Cerezo Osaka. A side rooted to the bottom of the table with a measly 2 wins and 4 draws from their 20 games so far. Tokyo being my local team I obviously went to the stadium with the idea ion mind of supporting them. However, the team colours of red and blue(but not striped...) left me feeling uneasy, even before kick-off. Added to this was the man sitting to my left who, for want of a better word, was a bit of a cockjuggling thundercunt(is there a better word?). I was very unimpressed by the Tokyo fans having several very large red and blue striped flags. It was beginning to feel a bit like a Palace game.

I began secretly siding with the plucky pink and blue clad Osakans. Then the game kicked off. With pretty much the first attack of the game Cerezo whipped a cross into the box, defenders and attackers rose together and the ball flashed into the corner of the net. Osaka had SCORED! My allegience was secured. I was a cerveso OSAKAN forevermore.

For a side with an absolutely appalling record, Osaka were surprisingly good. They created most -actually, ALL- of the chances in the first 15 minutes. That was until the referee decided to enter the fray. If you think officials in England are bad, and that Man utd get preferential treatment at Old Trafford, you've seen nothing until you've witnessed the farce that passes as officiating in Japan. An overhit ball was played into the osaka box, the keeper came out to collect it, a Tokyo player and an Osakan defender were trotting half heartedly after it, acouple of yards apart. The tokyo striker slips over and the ref promptly gives a penalty.:nono: Tokyo equalise with-to be fair- a very nicely taken penalty.

Osaka are rocked but still finish the half the better team.

At half time I tried to enter the Osaka end but was turned back because my ticket was for the tokyo section. I tried the 'classic' 'i'm a foreigner, I don't understand your strange language and rules' trick, but to no avail. So I bought a small osaka flag for 3quid instead and returned to my seat amidst the Tokyo Ultras(or mums, kids and salarymen to be a little more precise.)

In the second half Thundercunt-San to my left was really giving me and my friend some dirty looks. I think in his day job he may be one of the strained voiced, vein bulging nationalists that drive around this country screeching 'death to the foreigners', 'foreigners bring disease', 'foreigners shame the nation' and other catchy slogans to a disinterested audience of two homeless men and a dog on the run from the local chinese restaurant...

I went further down in his estimation when Osaka regained the lead with a free header from a corner. Terrible defending by the boys in red and blue. As I jumped to my feet I accidentaly knocked over my cup and spilt the dregs of my beer onto the person in front. Oooh, the looks Thundercunt Cockjuggling-San gave me then. It went from bad to worse for him and his SHIT team as two wins out of twenty Cerezo went on to dominate the rest of the game. They scored a third which the homer of a ref disallowed for no discernable reason. Undeterred Osaka scored a third goal for the second time, this time with no room for disallowment. To try and give Tokyo a(nother) chance (after already giving them a penalty for nothing and disallowing a perfectly good goal) the ref decided to send an Osaka player off. Nice.

In the FIFTH minute of injury time twelve man Tokyo managed to scramble a goal back. But it was to be to no avail as my new team, the might CEREZO OSAKA held on to record only their third win of the season.:clap2: :bowdown: :clap2: :bowdown: :clap2:

m-DSC05289.JPG

crz-away-s-pulse10.jpg

team.jpg

If anyone actually read all of this...why?! But:thumbsup: anyway.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Interesting.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Why no picture of Thundercunt-san?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was rather entertaining GNLF. Do keep us posted on CEREZO OSAKA's exploits this season. In the meantime, here is their oldest living fan, Junomichi Tamasaki. She is listening to the radio for the half time score.

unagasaki.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:clap: :clap: :clap:

their kit is fit

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Easy 10 said:
That was rather entertaining GNLF. Do keep us posted on CEREZO OSAKA's exploits this season. In the meantime, here is their oldest living fan, Junomichi Tamasaki. She is listening to the radio for the half time score.

unagasaki.jpg

She was at the game! Unfortunately she was forcefully ejected from the ground when she tried to run the F.C Tokyo firm after the ref disallowed Cerezo Osaka's first third goal. She would've done them too if it wasn't for her pesky hip popping out as she was stradling the advertising boards to get into their end.:(

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Lovely stuff :)

I've been to that stadium. Very nice. A crowd of 20,000, quite impressive but in a ground with a 60,000 capacity no atmosphere. Sod em anyway.....San Frecce all the way

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
garry nelsons left foot said:

why the seemingly random kick off time of 15.04?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Re: Re: I've just been to my first football game in THREE years.

Scotty M said:
why the seemingly random kick off time of 15.04?

I'm not too sure. They kicked off tonight at 7:04. Strange. Before kick off they lined up and shook each others hands like they were in an international so maybe that has something to do with it? Why they don't come out hte tunnel four minutes earlier is beyond me.:shrug:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Quick Cerezo Osaka update. After their glorious hamering of F.C Tokyo, coupled with Avispa Fukuoka's hard fought draw away to Omiya Adija, Cerezo have climbed off the bottom of the table. :clap:

They're still 9 points from safety though.:(

Team Pts GP W D L GF GA GD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Gamba Osaka 46 21 14 4 3 53 28 +25
2 Kawasaki Frontale 44 21 13 5 3 53 27 +26
3 Urawa Reds 43 21 13 4 4 42 17 +25
4 Shimizu S-Pulse 41 21 13 2 6 38 24 +14
5 Kashima Antlers 36 21 11 3 7 36 33 +3
6 Oita Trinita 35 21 10 5 6 36 29 +7
7 JEF United Chiba 32 21 9 5 7 40 35 +5
8 Omiya Ardija 30 21 9 3 9 28 34 -6
9 Yokohama F¥Marinos 29 21 8 5 8 34 26 +8
10 Jubilo Iwata 28 21 7 7 7 34 31 +3
11 F.C.Tokyo 27 21 8 3 10 36 36 +0
12 Albirex Niigata 27 21 8 3 10 27 39 -12
13 Nagoya Grampus Eight 24 21 6 6 9 32 38 -6
14 Sanfrecce Hiroshima 22 21 6 4 11 29 40 -11
15 Ventforet Kofu 22 21 6 4 11 24 44 -20
16 Kyoto Purple Sanga 15 21 3 6 12 29 52 -23
17 Cerezo Osaka 13 21 3 4 14 25 47 -22
18 Avispa Fukuoka 12 21 1 9 11 21 37 -16

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
***UPDATE***

Thought I'd post a quick update on the might Cerezo Osaka for all you keen J-leaguers...

There are now only four games left to play. Osaka are currently sitting 17th out of 18th and if they finish there will be plying their dapperly dressed trade in J-2 next season.:( However, they are level on points with Avispa Fukuoka who are 16th. If they can overhaul Fukuoka then they will have a shot at redemtion as the 16th placed J-1 team plays the third placed j-2 team in a two legged play off.

--------------------------------Pts-Pld-wn-dn--l---gf--ga
15 Omiya Ardija-----------35--30--10--5--15-37-50
16 Avispa Fukuoka-------25--30--5--10--15-29-50
17 Cerezo Osaka---------25--30--6---7--17-40-62
18 Kyoto Purple Sanga--22--30--4--16--16-35-66

Interesting fact:

Cerezo apparently means 'cherry blossom' a small pink flower that blooms briefly in springtime and is dearly beloved by the Japanese as their national flower. To many it's beauty and brief lifespan represent the life of a Samurai. There is a famous saying in Japan: Amongst flowers, the cherry blossom; amongst men, the Samurai.

In modern speak that means:
among sport, football; among football teams, Cerezo Osaka.

Which can only mean that Cerezo Osaka are a team full of supermen SAMURAI. :clap2:

Somewhat disconcerting though is the saying: The way of the Samurai is in death.

Which leads me to think that maybe the mighty Cerezo are doomed to relegation.:(

Some cherry blossoms
3383849_arashiyama_cherry_blossoms-600.jpg

A Samurai(well, samurai armour to be precise)
samurai_armor_y_21.jpg

Cerezo Osaka(armour...)
sport_coreza.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here