Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've just been bitten

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We have a couple of benches outside the office, and I just popped out for a post luncheon fag, and I've been bitten by one of these cutesy little things!!!

ladybird.jpg

I never knew they could bite!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yet another innocent victim of the smoking ban. Unnecessary exposure to violently coloured insects hell-bent on satisfying their bloodLUST during a normal everyday Friday lunchtime.

These are the silent casualties the government DONT want you to hear about.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
be thankful it wasnt a horse fly - the most bastard creature on the planet

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ScottyMacs dead right there.

I was spasticated for a WEEK after a savage and prolongued horsefly attack on my bare shins when I was doing the garden one summer. I couldnt walk. I couldnt drive. All I could do was lay there in a sweat and WHIMPER.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Can we not see some indication of scale? For all we know, we could be taking the piss, but this thing could be the size of a Great Dane?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The bite from a horsefly can be singularly painful, especially considering the light, agile, and airborne nature of the fly. Unlike insects which surreptitiously puncture the skin with needle-like organs, horse flies have mandibles like tiny serrated scimitars, which they use to rip and/or slice flesh apart. This causes the blood to seep out as the horsefly licks it up. They may even carve a chunk completely out of the victim, to be digested at its leisure. When attacking humans they usually prefer the buttocks, legs, and feet, though they have been known to attack arms as well.

BASTARDS !

:eek:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
All I could do was lay there in a sweat and WHIMPER.

We don't care about your sex-life Easy. Tell us what happened about the horsefly incident :lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
be thankful it wasnt a horse fly - the most bastard creature on the planet

Seconded. They are lethal, especially when they land on you

horsefly.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm actually getting rather worried now. It's gone bright red, and it hurts. It's bang on my right elbow and may impair my beer drinking arm for later on.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Ant bites can be really painful, especially if it is from a fire ant. Does anyone remember the plague of ladybirds during the drought of 76...remember going to the beach at Clymping and seeing big red patches of them.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ant bites can be really painful, especially if it is from a fire ant. Does anyone remember the plague of ladybirds during the drought of 76...remember going to the beach at Clymping and seeing big red patches of them.

Yes I remember that. It was as bad up north with ladybirds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here