Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV can f*** off!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Was anticipating watching EURO 2008 on ITV in high definition, well can't no more :tosser:

As this will only be available on Freesat now, what a joke, they'd planned this channel to be on Sky ages ago.

They've already lost the battle of having the best coverage, as basically hardly anyone will be able to watch their HD coverage.

Michael Grade = :tosser:

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
Pricks. Will BBC be providing HD coverage?

Why's ITV HD not on Virgin Media? :censored:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Pricks. Will BBC be providing HD coverage?

Why's ITV HD not on Virgin Media? :censored:

Yes, all of the BBC's games will be broadcast in high definition.

I think it was agreed a while ago that when ITV HD launched it was going to be available on Sky and V+ - but now they've backed out and will lose potentially lots of money.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
dunno, we found ours in a skip

:laugh:

In the words of Omid Djalili:

"Even in the middle-east, they know Newcastle is a shit-hole"

On a more serious note, I actually have a "normal" tv in my room, just we have the good one downstairs to watch the football on :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes, all of the BBC's games will be broadcast in high definition.

I think it was agreed a while ago that when ITV HD launched it was going to be available on Sky and V+ - but now they've backed out and will lose potentially lots of money.

How will they lose money ?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
ITV lost their last ounce of credibility on sport when they the best multi sports presenter around, Jim Rosenthal.

Why can't Sky have the European Championships as well as terrestrial T.V.??

They are the only ones who can really do this festival of European Football justice.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry to be a FLID, but what's the difference between FreeSAT and FreeVIEW?

FreeSAT is a new free (after installation) satellite system, a combined effort from ITV and BBC.

Bit like freeview, but you will be able to have more channels since it doesn't really on terrestrial broadcasts - i.e. your aerial and it will be able to receive High Definition Broadcasts.

Sky has a competing free system called FreeSatFromSky or something. Basically Sky with no subscription.

Don't see why the poster above thinks that ITV have an obligation to allow Sky to take their new channel when they have just launched a competing system. Neither do I see how ITV have lost money either.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
FreeSAT is a new free (after installation) satellite system, a combined effort from ITV and BBC.

Bit like freeview, but you will be able to have more channels since it doesn't really on terrestrial broadcasts - i.e. your aerial and it will be able to receive High Definition Broadcasts.

Sky has a competing free system called FreeSatFromSky or something. Basically Sky with no subscription.

Don't see why the poster above thinks that ITV have an obligation to allow Sky to take their new channel when they have just launched a competing system. Neither do I see how ITV have lost money either.

Cheers Clappers.

So that means I won't be able to get ITV in HD, even though I have an HD TV with built in Freeview and a Sky HD box?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here