Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iTunes Help - Songs being deleted

Sep 1, 2010
Sure there are some experts on here [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and the likes

I have noticed recently that my iTunes has started randomly deleted songs off my library. Not the songs i have purchased direct from iTunes but ones i added in to the library off my hard drive or old CD collection.

Anyone know i stop iTunes doing this.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I don't know about songs being deleted Arty, but you could've started off by asking Bozza about double posting deletions tbh. :lolol:

Sep 1, 2010
I don't know about songs being deleted Arty, but you could've started off by asking Bozza about double posting deletions tbh. :lolol:

Yeah i have just noticed that. How does that happen? i am sure my mate has just done some weird adjustments on my computer.(some really amazing ones too though)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Has he set your pc to archive old files to a different location as this would prevent iTunes locating them

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
No this was happening before he came round. Been going on last few weeks. do you know how to stop it doing it?

Had a quick search online and appears to be a bug that has been doing the rounds since itunes 7 (see below)

iTunes 7 might delete your Files! Silently! s Blog

There are quite a few apple forums with people describing the same issue but I not yet seen a solution. Might be worth trawling through a few of them to see what others have done

Sorry can't be of more help

Sep 1, 2010
Had a quick search online and appears to be a bug that has been doing the rounds since itunes 7 (see below)

iTunes 7 might delete your Files! Silently! s Blog

There are quite a few apple forums with people describing the same issue but I not yet seen a solution. Might be worth trawling through a few of them to see what others have done

Sorry can't be of more help

Thanks mate. I did do some digging but joy. My theory that it's iTunes doing it so you then go onto downloading with them seems likely but rather annoying as the tunes I have added are not illegal downloads.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Thanks mate. I did do some digging but joy. My theory that it's iTunes doing it so you then go onto downloading with them seems likely but rather annoying as the tunes I have added are not illegal downloads.

had a similiar problem once or twince.
forget which version i had, but found once i uninstalled that one and re installed the previous version, all ny tunes came back, worked for a mate of mine too...

squiggsy68

Feb 23, 2009
What version of iTunes are you running?

I deliberately haven't taken the last couple of updates after reading about problems with the 'Match' thing that they've now started including.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here