Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's things like this that make me love Poyet...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Albion manager Gus Poyet has hinted at an immediate recall to the starting line-up for Kazenga LuaLua against Oldham at Withdean on Saturday.

The flying Newcastle winger was demoted to the bench at Plymouth on Tuesday before coming on in the second half with Albion already 2-0 up.

Now Poyet has revealed LuaLua's exclusion was tactical but also related to the hamstring problems he suffered with the Seagulls last season.

Poyet told The Argus: "We have learnt from last year that when he plays three games in a row –Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday – he gets injured.

"We need him for Saturday and Tuesday now (home to Brentford), so we gave him a rest."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not only great observation work (and the backroom staff too i'm sure) but he then has the BALLS to do something about it and leave him out of a big game that we ended up winning too. :clap2: :thumbsup:

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
I love him as an impact sub. When his number comes up to come on the full backs must shit themselves. Especially if the have already had their name taken.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'd imagine it'll be a more orthadox 4-4-2 on saturday then rather than the midfield diamond

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd imagine it'll be a more orthadox 4-4-2 on saturday then rather than the midfield diamond

And so it should be at home. It's brilliant that we change things sometimes away from home. Five in midfield will surely make another appearence as it did serve us well last season...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Gus has not been a passive coach this season. He's not afraid to shake things up and adapt the team to the opposition or the developing game situation. Poyet has been brilliant this season keeping us, the players and the opposition on their toes.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Albion manager Gus Poyet has hinted at an immediate recall to the starting line-up for Kazenga LuaLua against Oldham at Withdean on Saturday.

The flying Newcastle winger was demoted to the bench at Plymouth on Tuesday before coming on in the second half with Albion already 2-0 up.

Now Poyet has revealed LuaLua's exclusion was tactical but also related to the hamstring problems he suffered with the Seagulls last season.

Poyet told The Argus: "We have learnt from last year that when he plays three games in a row –Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday – he gets injured.

"We need him for Saturday and Tuesday now (home to Brentford), so we gave him a rest."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not only great observation work (and the backroom staff too i'm sure) but he then has the BALLS to do something about it and leave him out of a big game that we ended up winning too. :clap2: :thumbsup:

When you win, such things look great.

Lose however, and NSC would have gone into meltdown about how can Poyet leave KLL out....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When you win, such things look great.

Lose however, and NSC would have gone into meltdown about how can Poyet leave KLL out....

THIS.

Whats the POINT in getting him on loan if he is only going to warm the bench etc etc

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Gus has not been a passive coach this season. He's not afraid to shake things up and adapt the team to the opposition or the developing game situation. Poyet has been brilliant this season keeping us, the players and the opposition on their toes.

I think this is massively important for us. Not only can we adapt our game when necessary, but our unpredictability will throw many managers this season... They have us watched three times and we play an authodox 4-4-2, a midfield diamond and an attacking 4-5-1.

How the hell do they prepare for that???!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My left eyebrow made a short journey up my forehead whilst I was cutting the grass on Saturday and listening the commentry, when I heard Gus take off Kanzenga and Bennett.

I'm comfortable with the concept that he knows exactly what he's doing though. The moment passed, and I thought no more of it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

amazed that people are still suggesting or even mentioning a 442. under gus we NEVER play a traditional 442 and NEVER will (well we might, but i would be surprised).

please respectfully pay attention to the work of our dear lord Gus... it's really rather special

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
amazed that people are still suggesting or even mentioning a 442. under gus we NEVER play a traditional 442 and NEVER will (well we might, but i would be surprised).

please respectfully pay attention to the work of our dear lord Gus... it's really rather special

Good point

olliwarne

Aug 12, 2010
Germany
I love his passion to do well.
I love how he cares for his players.
I love how he laughs ....
+++++
I LOVE HIS ACCENT !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here