Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's that time of year again - a poll for NSC parents

What Christmas play is your childs school presenting?

• Not doing one

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Full on "T towels for headresses" traditional nativity

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Nativity story but jazzed up a bit

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Not nativity, but with religious content

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • No religious content whatsoever

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

I refer of course to the season when the Mail, Torygraph et al let out a collective "Tut, left wing PC gone mad". Seems to be about Nativity plays mainly this year. So here is the chance for you all to have your say (I know it is a bit early for the plays themselves but I suspect that rehearsals have begun).

In case you wonder our household is of the well known faith, "C of E for form filling purposes", our daughters go to a Church School 'cos it is the nearest one to us. Their play seems to be a jazzed up nativity.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ours is TODAY and Tomorrow. Little one is a sheep.
Its a speaking sheep role though, as he's year two!

Catholic school, because the wife is a church-going Catholic, innit.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Full on tea towels and dressing gowns affair for my youngest boy seeing as both sons go to St Martins CoE. It's finally dawned on one of the teachers that the archangel Gabriel was actually a bloke and not a girlie, so seeing as his name is Gabriel they've cast him in that role.

I only ever played shepherds as did my eldest son so this is a new high in the Burrows acting dynasty.

As an aside - I thought it was common knowledge that Gabriel is a boy's name but I was mistaken.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think that the ambiguous name and GIRL'S HAIR may have confused them.*

*:jester:
Only joking - he is PERFECT Angel material! :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He's a METROSEXUAL in training.

And as it happens, he's quite advanced in that for his age.

No worries, mate (I know you josh) :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No idea what it is, but Mads is a narrator. Which should be ace, what with her not being able to read yet and all.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No idea what it is, but Mads is a narrator. Which should be ace, what with her not being able to read yet and all.

You have a young girl called Maddie? Is there something you need to tell us?

(I presume you got rid of the Everton top)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My mates's little girl is now in her second year at school. Last year they did a really sweet nativity play (I didn't go obviously but my friend said it was the sort that brings tears to the eyes of all the proud parents).

On Friday his daughter came home and said, "You know that play we did last year about the baby being born in a stable? Well we're doing it AGAIN!"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I refer of course to the season when the Mail, Torygraph et al let out a collective "Tut, left wing PC gone mad". Seems to be about Nativity plays mainly this year. So here is the chance for you all to have your say (I know it is a bit early for the plays themselves but I suspect that rehearsals have begun).

I'm surprised the Mail and the Torygraph don't slag off nativity plays. After all, here's a young woman having a baby out of wedlock. They're immigrants to the town and are promptly handed handouts from the local shepherds.

As for the Three Wise Men - illegal Muslim terrorists more like; probably engaged in money laundering.

Ban them all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gwylan;2225705fter all said:
The girl is obviously on drugs too coming out with some story about immaculate conception.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The full MONTY.

After all CATHOLIC school innit.

My Beatrice is acting as a lesbian Mary with Josephine, with Jesus being disabled, the 3 shepards also I believe bat for the other side as well as being chinese, arabic and black.

Interestingly the local City Farm is lending them a sheep, goat and donkey for the stage.

Should be interesting.

LC

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mrs DTG's school has a Nativity/Christmas song type thing ( how our Lord and the shepherds ended up singing Rocking Around the Christmas Tree heaven only knows).

the really sad thing, and I dont propose this to get into another "bash the religious" thread, is the behaviour of the JW kids. One of her 'duties' is to keep them away from anything Christmas and try and calm the kids when a 5 year old tells them that they are all going to DIE horribly as they have Christmas ( and birthdays!!!).

When I used to attend church many moons ago, the funniest thing was the Nativity play at the time of Christingle, which always led to some child's beautiful long blonde hair being incinerated and the Vicar's wife having a nervous breakdown...marvellous scenes

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Full on tea towels and dressing gowns affair for my youngest boy seeing as both sons go to St Martins CoE. It's finally dawned on one of the teachers that the archangel Gabriel was actually a bloke and not a girlie, so seeing as his name is Gabriel they've cast him in that role.

I only ever played shepherds as did my eldest son so this is a new high in the Burrows acting dynasty.

As an aside - I thought it was common knowledge that Gabriel is a boy's name but I was mistaken.

Is that the St Martins offa the Lewes Road?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
it was a proper nativity play, mary, joseph, the baby jesus, three wise men. not adapted in any way.

then we had a carol service/mass in the school chapel.

callum was a narrator and francesca just got to sing (dressed as an angel) she gets to be in the actual nativity cast next year.

it was last week or the one before, they finished for christmas holidays today.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Blimey, that's early. You have four weeks of Christmas holiday? They're going to drive you mad :D

more than mad :nono:

they go back on the 9th as well, so it is five lovely weeks of one another's company. we have already had world war three over what to have for dinner tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here