Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its not often I back Alex Ferguson, but...

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
His stance on not talking to the bunch of aresholes that masquerade as sports journalists should be admired in my opinion.

What kind of a moronic country do we live in, when football's governing bodies can fine someone for refusing to talk to the press.

He's a football manager ffs, not a spokesman.

You stick to your guns mate, and tell them to F Off!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
It's in the Premier League rules. And in most forms of pro football around the world, I reckon.

Ferguson is a VERY bad loser. End of.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bloke is a bad loser and should be fined and banned until he starts to play by the rules. Every other manager has to do their media duties why should he be exempt?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
They are happy to take MILLIONS of POUNDS every season off the TV companies... they should meet their very small obligations to provide a post-match interview. Pathetic.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
They are happy to take MILLIONS of POUNDS every season off the TV companies... they should meet their very small obligations to provide a post-match interview. Pathetic.

I have to agree with this. Football, first and foremost, is a form of entertainment for the fans.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Bloke is a bad loser and should be fined and banned until he starts to play by the rules. Every other manager has to do their media duties why should he be exempt?

Feguson gets no money from the media wankers, and eveything he says is blown up to cause controversy.
I wouldn't blame him if he never speaks to the press again.

I certainly wouldn't in his position.

In fact, I have heard that he might be taking legal action against he Premier League for an infringement of civil liberties.

I hope he does.

The Premier League officials are all money-grabbing tosers.
You can't force somebody to talk to the press ffs!!!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And if the stuck up arrogant twat hasn't learnt after a couple of decades of football to keep his controversial views to himself and think about what he is bleating before he bleats it, he wouldn't be in the situation of being hauled in front of the relevant authorities. I mean how thick do you have to be to say the things he does with the media experience he has? Regardless of 'heat of the moment'. Bad loser, ManUre can do no worng, Rooney never belted anyone, and all his players are angels, refs are just an irritant that shouldn't be officiating his games. Mr Ferguson your mind is well past its sell by date.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Feguson gets no money from the media wankers, and eveything he says is blown up to cause controversy.

In fact, I have heard that he might be taking legal action against he Premier League for an infringement of civil liberties.

I hope he does.

What? Infringement of civil liberties, what?? Think you will find its in the contracts of the clubs with the premier league to have their manager talk to the press after games as well

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Feguson gets no money from the media wankers,

He wouldn't have much of a transfer pot without their money and you can bet your bottom dollar he'd moan like buggery then. Guy acts like a sulky six year old - he's childish beyond belief.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought I'd heard that he'd also given MUTV the swerve this past weekend too. If so, that strikes me as quite an extreme move and surely indicative of the pressure he seems to be feeling right now.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
What? Infringement of civil liberties, what?? Think you will find its in the contracts of the clubs with the premier league to have their manager talk to the press after games as well

You can write whatever you want into a contract, doesn't make it binding.

Contract law in this country is very open to interpretation, and unfair contract clauses can be found all over the place.

He would win very easily if he were to challenge them, you cannot force anyone to speak to the press in this country - for any reason.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I thought I'd heard that he'd also given MUTV the swerve this past weekend too. If so, that strikes me as quite an extreme move and surely indicative of the pressure he seems to be feeling right now.

I wouldn't doubt that he is feeling pressure.

But ask youself this people...

If it was Gus being forced to speak to the pess after shitty referreing, would you still want to hang HIM out to dry???

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

I hope he does.

With what legislation? The Human Rights Act? That is the most pointless act ever drummed up.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I wouldn't doubt that he is feeling pressure.

But ask youself this people...

If it was Gus being forced to speak to the pess after shitty referreing, would you still want to hang HIM out to dry???

If our manager accused a referee of being biased against us i'd want him punished, managers and players cannot be allowed to publicly sya that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here