Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's not looking too bright, is it?

Albion Rob

Have to say, the really worrying thing about the first 480 minutes of the season has been the fact that there seems to have been very little fight aside from the first game of the season. There's no way we would have let Crewe back in the way we did the other week and we should at least be looking at battling draws at places like Hull.

I think the fact we have overperformed massively in the last five years could be about to catch up with us. I mean, attendance wise (and therefore income wise) we're lower Leage One/upper League Two.

We really need to click quickly, before we get too far behind everyone else.

Here's to the weekend.

Yours nervously....

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Which is all the more reason why McGhee and all our previous managers have done a remarkable job with this football club in the last five years.....

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Come on we have only played 5 games!

Derby - Good battling performance, could have got more than a point.
Reading - Opposition just too good.
Crewe - Played well for 80 minutes lost our way after the substitutions.
Hull - poor performance but unlcky with the two goals, one deflected, and the other on the break.
Shrewsbury - Didnt go so cant really comment but sounds like we had plenty of possesion and a few chances but couldnt put them away and didnt get a few key decisions.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
positive thoughts! all the above is true. some people really do like a good knee jerk on here.

i mean if in 97 at hereford you would have read some of the comments about us moaning about a tuesday night cup defeat while being in the championship then you would have not believed it!

at least WERE NOT SHREWSBURY and we are in the position to be dissapointed to lose to such a team.

COME ON ALBION!

Albion Rob

Scarface said:
Come on we have only played 5 games!

Derby - Good battling performance, could have got more than a point.
Reading - Opposition just too good.
Crewe - Played well for 80 minutes lost our way after the substitutions.
Hull - poor performance but unlcky with the two goals, one deflected, and the other on the break.
Shrewsbury - Didnt go so cant really comment but sounds like we had plenty of possesion and a few chances but couldnt put them away and didnt get a few key decisions.

Agree it's very early days but the first 10 games sort of set the stall for the season - just ask rotherham fans.

We're actually slightly better off than we were this time last year but I just worry we're not as hmm, I don't know.... committed as we were before.

Maybe it's just the new guys settling in and we will be fine when they're all ok and Kuipers is in the mix too but we're not the sort of club that can buy itself out of trouble or drop 'key' players who aren't performing due to the size of our squad.

The acute problem of our situation I sduppose: always feeling vunerable and not really being able to do anything about it. Roll on 31st October, then we'll see....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Don't even worry about it ROBBO. It's not looking good but when in the last few years has it? Fair enough, it looks like it could be time to panic again but I can't be arsed with all that again. We did start of this way last year and we managed to find some form and put in some decent performances over the winter months.

All I hope for is a few decent shows and hopefully a nice cup draw and if we stay up, well, I still look at that as a bonus.

:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is so much to be worried about at the moment, particularly with the poor form of Dodd, Carpenter and the revolving door that is the goalkeeper's position.

Obviously we need some new players in, but Dodd and Carpenter were both going to be key in our survival bid this season. What the hell's wrong there?

There are plusses - McShane, Hammond, Knight maturing.

There is hope - Robinson as an explosive bench player, Carole getting some quality crosses in.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
There is so much to be worried about at the moment, particularly with the poor form of Dodd, Carpenter and the revolving door that is the goalkeeper's position.

after getting mullered down the flanks last night by a league 2 team, i have changed my mind on dodd, and think he is doing quite a good job

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why are Brighton fans so accepting of CRAP?

Ok, so we are not Shrewsbury. Thats hardly a massive boost is it? Surely they could equally say "Well, at least we are not York" or something similar.

Whatever happened in the last few season THIS season we are a Championship side that has spent a relatively large amount of money compared to last season and the team looks, quite frankly, RUBBISH.

It is OK to be pissed off by this.

I know about the Falmer black hole for a lot of money but the point is we HAVE spent money but perhaps unwisely.

McCammon scored. Well done. I am honestly happy for the lad and hope he loses two stone and turns into a decent footballer but I cant see it happening.

Players like Carpenter, Dodd, Oatway, Mayo, McCammon, any of the goalies so far and to a certain extent Kazim-Richards although I expect him to get better each game, are not up to Championship standard.

Maybe we have been fueled with false expectation by staying up last year and playing above our station but remembering back to the play off season we were not even that good back then and there was the same old arguments about Oatway and Mayo on here then.

We are going down.

As Chappers says lets hope for a few good days out maybe a win against Palace and Southampton and pray we dont get spanked.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Richie Morris said:

Ok, so we are not Shrewsbury. Thats hardly a massive boost is it? Surely they could equally say "Well, at least we are not York" or something similar.

Whatever happened in the last few season THIS season we are a Championship side that has spent a relatively large amount of money compared to last season and the team looks, quite frankly, RUBBISH.

I know about the Falmer black hole for a lot of money but the point is we HAVE spent money but perhaps unwisely.

McCammon scored. Well done. I am honestly happy for the lad and hope he loses two stone and turns into a decent footballer but I cant see it happening.

Players like Carpenter, Dodd, Oatway, Mayo, McCammon, any of the goalies so far and to a certain extent Kazim-Richards although I expect him to get better each game, are not up to Championship standard.

Maybe we have been fueled with false expectation by staying up last year and playing above our station but remembering back to the play off season we were not even that good back then and there was the same old arguments about Oatway and Mayo on here then.

We are going down.

As Chappers says lets hope for a few good days out maybe a win against Palace and Southampton and pray we dont get spanked.

What he said.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Glass is half empty, yadda, yadda, yadda. Bring on the sack cloth and ashes I say.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Richie Morris said:

We are going down.

And everybody is understandably pissed off, but they have only had five games to get used to each other. And yes the revolving door of the goalkeepers doesn't help, but our best keeper has been out since January, which also doesn't help the back line. It's no co-incidence that our defence has been porous(?) since Kuipers got injured.

And where has this false expectation come from? Who said that we were suddenly going to be a mid-table side this season? Not even the club have suggested that. We have always known that a struggle was on the cards, even having spent a few quid, but let's not forget there are still some very young players here who are adapting to life in this division, and I genuinely think that we will be better off squad wise than last season.

KTF, who said that we would win at places like West Ham and Sheffield United last season? But we did.

Richie Morris said:

We are going down.

I knew a :jester: like you would have a big attention-seeking rant today - it was either going to be "we're shit and we're going down" or "keep the faith and get behind the manager".

I see the coin came down on tails, then Richie? :lol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
keep the faith

Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.

- Dan Barker.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Actually I took a hell of a lot more positives out of last night than I did out of Hull.

Leon seems to be thriving in a more creative role, and we looked pacey and exciting with Carole, Hammond and Knight all linking up, some good work seems to be going on in the training ground, Jarret also looked sharp and quick but will continue to be a bit part player unless he is given more run outs, I'm often left wondering if McGhee dosent have the confidence in him and Nicholas (Who also looked good)

I think the handfull of us there last night would agree that our play certainly didnt merit a defeat, or indeed a proclamation of the end of the world, and what was encouraging is that Macammon (who lets face it we have to get behind even tho he is PONY) looked more up for it, as does Leon.

That said however it was short bursts, but it looked good, if I am being honest I think if FDM had been in goal we would have won quite convincingly, we know its going to be a struggle, but if the level of effort displayed last night continues to go in I think a change of fortune could be just round the corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here