Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's not all Mcgee's fault!

seagull247

Sep 26, 2005
There was no passion from any of the players today!! They all need to take responsibility for there own actions!!

Seagull till I die!!!!!!! :albion:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I always thought that it was up to the coaching staff to motivate the players before the game, then up to the captain for the 90 minutes, but I might be wrong.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Smart Mart said:
It's normally the managers job to motivate his players...
Can you actually ever see him doing that?... The only time he shows any passion is when someone stands on the athletics track and dares to question him... Then he has to resort to terrible language in front of young children.

He's got to go.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
They were quite up for the fight in the 2nd half.....the first half was pathetic.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
After Millwall I thought EVERYONE would be motivated for this game, do or die , and all that...

I was embarassed by the gutlessness of the whole performance
:nono:

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Mcghee and his coaching puppies should go NOW, that way we might be able to hang on to some of our players even when we go down, and let the older players go as well, and start fresh.

Looks like the players don't enjoy playing for him anymore. Maybe it's the way he treats some of the players.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Last week McGhee said that it didnt matter that we won at Millwall because we were going down - this was put in the national papers (I had read it in the Independent.) How are the team going to be motivated enough to win or even play slightly well when he comes out with that when we win?

Our players are good enough to stay up - unfortunately our manager isn't.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Heaven forbid the players have some f***ing initiative and self pride? if they cant motivate themselves for a relegation battle they're not fit to wear the f***ing shirt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
ben andrews' girlfriend said:

Our players are good enough to stay up - unfortunately our manager isn't.

I think that you have it the wrong way round the manager has proved previously that he is good enough for this division himself but it is obvious that his assistants and players aren't.

In MM defence he has hads to work with the players and staff that DK gave him rather than get his own.

He said in September that we needed a left back , a midfielder and a striker why was one of each not set up to join us in January.

DK said that the money was available, MM says he couldnt find any players at the price we could afford who do you believe?

I do not accept this players will not come to Withdean line as the only two players who are championship class are both on loan from other clubs Paul McShane and Gifton Noel-Williams the rest of the team have proved they are not good enough for this division.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
A manager makes a huge difference to the motivation and tactics of the players. No team managed by Mickey Adams would dare put in such a gutless performance as todays.

By the way, anyone hear Chippy blame "the system" rather than "the players" for the defeat on SCR. Surely a veiled criticism of the manager.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Dr Bandler said:
By the way, anyone hear Chippy blame "the system" rather than "the players" for the defeat on SCR. Surely a veiled criticism of the manager.
So that rules him out for the rest of the season...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given that the players will either be out of a job or on reduced money if we go down, to say they lack commitment or interest is a bit daft.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here